Mentally Getting Ready For 341 in 2 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mentally Getting Ready For 341 in 2 Weeks

My Ch. 13 341 is in 2 weeks. Started to panic about some of the numbers on my Ch. 13. Made some posts here and received positive feedback. Called attorney yesterday just to confirm numbers were reasonable. The paralegal ensured me I had a very routine case and my attorney is very familiar with what the trustee will accept/question. She ensured me not to worry, the hardest part was over 1) Doing something pro-active about my situation and 2) gathering the past 6 months financial paperwork, filling out the paperwork, etc. Reading most of the posts here has really helped. I understand there can be some problems when there is divorce, foreclosures, large purchases made before filing, etc. Since mine is "very routine" I am hoping it will be as easy as most I have been reading about.

15% payback on 90K unsecured cc

Thanks to everyone for their support!
    Met with attorney: Early 12/2009
    Filed Ch 13: 1/8/10
    : 2/26/10

Plenty of people experience 341 stress. Most later discover it was unwarranted (one of those hindsight lessons). In retrospect, many feel the greatest BK stress is making the decision to file. I knew I wanted to surrender my house (the driving force of my BK); and, I also knew I had to surrender my fears in order to be successful. Like many, the days leading up to my 341 weren't the "calm before the storm". For me, the storm had already occurred.

Most of us think our cases are complex and unique. We're ridden with fears of fostering unusual circumstances. Fortunately, the majority of us aren't that "special". We're simply new to the process and lack the understanding that our cases aren't insanely complex. In your case, "routine" is good. Having an attorney familiar with trustees and local practices is good. Being prepared with proper documentation and paperwork is good. My Miss Cleo skills tell me your paralegal is correct.
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Thanks HM! Yes, the storm has already occurred. I no longer feel the stress of having to juggle bills, robbing Peter to pay Paul, etc. I know what my monthly BR payment is and what my other expenses are per month. So now it is a matter of budgeting which to me is new, but much less stressful than what life was like the year before filing. I don't worry as much about how I'm going to pay monthly bills as long as I stick with my budget. Thanks again and congrats on your BR. Good luck with everything!

Comment

341 is a breeze if you were honest and forthright in your answers in the petition and schedules. Seriously. This is not worth an ounce of stress.

Comment

You have the makings of success. You're inquisitive, thorough, and determined. Some of the stress and anxiety you've been experiencing will positively transform. Once you remove Peter and Paul juggling from the equation, negative stress begins to cease and the opportunity for awareness surfaces. Living within a budget where wants and needs have distinct definition is pivotal. Your resolve for success will create it.
          *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Thanks Tigergem. I was honest and forthright. Probably so much that I even underestimated on some things. The paperwork was very hard for me even using an attorney, because I never really tracked my spending. Once I started coming up with numbers like school expenses, dry cleaning, entertainment, etc. I was very paranoid that they were too high, but my attorney & paralegal have assured me that I'm in the average range. I'd rather be a little low in some areas than too high. Thanks again and good luck with your hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by HakunaMatata View Post
              You have the makings of success. You're inquisitive, thorough, and determined. Some of the stress and anxiety you've been experiencing will positively transform. Once you remove Peter and Paul juggling from the equation, negative stress begins to cease and the opportunity for awareness surfaces. Living within a budget where wants and needs have distinct definition is pivotal. Your resolve for success will create it.
              Wow. That's deep.

Comment

I worried as much as anyone here for the months leading up to my 341, way overprepared , the TT was a decent person and actually felt bad for my situation which made me feel better. Now I have to worry about the discharge coming although my lawyer said you should be fine. Now to find a job. Good luck.

Comment

Great responses, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                    341 is a breeze if you were honest and forthright in your answers in the petition and schedules. Seriously. This is not worth an ounce of stress.
                    This right here, relax, you wil be fine..

Comment

Our 341 was so non-eventful. NOTHING to worry about. Answer the questions truthfully and it will be over in a matter of minutes.

Comment

If you are really worried about the 341 hearing, go attend a few. They are public hearings. Ask your attorney if you can "sit-in" with him on one this week. He'll probably say no, because you will raise dozens of questions to him! Go to your hearing, answer the trustees questions, let your attorney manage your case.

Comment

Thanks Everyone! I'm feeling much more better now. My attorney has given me a list of questions that our TT goes over. This forum has helped so much, I'm ready to go and get it behind me. In return for the support I've received I can offer support to others getting ready for their 341. Like my attorney often says - They have a legal BK system in place to help people in situations like yours and give them legal protection. It wasn't set up to prosecute us. Reflecting back - I felt much better after my initial talk with my attorney. I learned that I'm not as bad off as I thought. It was nice for the calls to stop right after filing. I'm hoping the rest goes as smoothly and from the feedback I've received here I'm sure it will. I also found out that in our state (MS) that tax refunds under 5K are exempt in my case and the majority of them in MS. That is if you are current on past taxes. THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X