Crappy 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crappy 341 meeting

OMG..I wasn't nervous for the 341 hearing....until I got there. The UST was a total JACKASS. Nasty & meand & rude to people. He was going to dismiss a guys case because he had to tell him to speak up 4x ad said if he had to tell him one more time he'd dismiss it. It's bad enough you feel like crap when you go there but to rub salt in the wounds and humiliate you even more. Luckily, we got to keep everything we wanted and got rid of ALOT of debt, but I just want to writ a letter or call someone to complain about the man. Can I do that without jeopardizing anything?

Originally posted by 2muchinDebt View Post
    OMG..I wasn't nervous for the 341 hearing....until I got there. The UST was a total JACKASS. Nasty & meand & rude to people. He was going to dismiss a guys case because he had to tell him to speak up 4x ad said if he had to tell him one more time he'd dismiss it. It's bad enough you feel like crap when you go there but to rub salt in the wounds and humiliate you even more. Luckily, we got to keep everything we wanted and got rid of ALOT of debt, but I just want to writ a letter or call someone to complain about the man. Can I do that without jeopardizing anything?
    I think you can, maybe in an anonymous manner say that you were a witness at a 341 where this UST was being a total jackass as you put in. There has to be a way to report inapproriate behavior from trustees and US trustees to the BK courts.
    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

See your from FFX..I'm in Fredericksburg. Were hoping to go to NoVa but we got sent to Richmond.

Comment

The UST made a comment (very loudly so the entire room could hear) How does one have $$$$ (he announced the amount) amount of debt? Our reply was it was just many years brewing. He excused it because we hadn't used our cards in 15-16 months. So he didn't ask for receipts or anything.

Comment

The UST made a comment (very loudly so the entire room could hear) How does one have $$$$ (he announced the amount) amount of debt? Our reply was it was just many years brewing. He excused it because we hadn't used our cards in 15-16 months. So he didn't ask for receipts or anything.
          There is no reason for the UST to echo such a loud voice commenting on how much debt you have had even though these 341 hearings are usually held in rooms for anybody to listen to. Sounds like this UST needs to relax and show professionalism, not having an inflated ego or something to that effect. Maybe this UST needs therapy? If I were you, I would look into reporting the UST's behavior to the BK court. You must be relieved your 341 is over now though

Comment

He actually had no choice but to discharge it unless he was going to claim fraud. Remember, it is the individual creditor that has to object, not the UST.
            So the poor debtor, seeing naught around him
            Yet feels the narrow limits that impound him
            Grieves at his debt and studies to evade it
            And finds at last he might as well have paid it.

Comment

Once the entire nation has bankrupted themselves, even these tristees will have to work for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota112 View Post
                Once the entire nation has bankrupted themselves, even these tristees will have to work for a living.
                That is true, but there is no reason for trustees or US trustees to act obnoxious during 341 meetings, based on the OP's post.

Comment

Man I hate to hear that, but at least it is over fou you, my 341 is coming up soon, 3.18 and I fear that. But I know how to go someplace else in my mind and not let it effect me. Why was the UST conducting the meeting? I thought he only over sees Trustee's?
                  Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                  341 March 18
                  Discharged...May 18
                  Awaiting closing...

Comment

That's terrible, people are already nervous about their 341s and to have some jerk on a "power trip" is really not necessary. You really should write that letter...
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X