341 tomorrow morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 tomorrow morning

Ug. I'm looking forward to this being behind us. We filed pro se so I'm really hoping everything goes smoothly. Fingers crossed.
    Chapter 7 filed pro se, 2-16-10 - California
    no asset case
    341 meeting 3-18-10

We had our 341 meeting today. We brought our 7 month old son with us because we didn't have anyone to watch him. That worked in our favor, it turned out, as we were bumped to the front of the list to avoid potential disruption. Nice!

After a quick speech from the trustee, we were called. No creditors showed up for us. In fact, I don't think there were any creditors in the room.

We filed pro se so we had to fill out a form about our paperwork preparer. No big deal.

We were sworn in and then we sat down to answer questions. No surprises on the questions. Everything was very straightforward and easy. The whole process took about 5 minutes and then we were dismissed.

Now we wait, I guess.

We do have to turn in our car at some point. Not sure when we're supposed to do that.

Anyway, thanks to everyone on the forum for the help!
    no asset case
    341 meeting 3-18-10

Comment

I am so glad that everything went well. We too had our 341 this morning. 4 minutes TOPS. No creditors were in the room and it was very smooth for everyone, that we saw. When we left, there was another couple there with their 2 kids waiting for their 10am appt.

Relax and have a nice evening.
      Chapter 13 filed: 1/22/10341 Meeting: 3/18/10
      Confirmation Hearing 6/23/10...CONFIRMED27 down 33 to go

Comment

I forgot to mention, there were three pro se cases in our group. Kinda cool.
        no asset case
        341 meeting 3-18-10

Comment

Just checked our Pacer status.
          "Awaiting Discharge" - "Chapter 7 Trustee's REport of No Distribution"

That's good news, right?
          no asset case
          341 meeting 3-18-10

Comment

It is! That tends to mean that things will go well. (-: The panel trustee seems happy, at least, and the UST often doesn't get involved.

Comment

I think people worry too much about the 341 meeting. As long as your documents are prepared properly and your honest even if you're filing pro se you will not have any problems. The trustee just wants the truth and once you show them of your on ability to pay the meeting is basically over.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X