Today's the big day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's the big day!

This morning my wife and I go for our 341 meeting. I'd like to thank everyone who have contributed to this board because I wouldn't have been able to make it this far without you. It's nice to see people who have completed their bk's and are still offering advise and suggestions well after their case has been dismissed. I wish this wasnt my first post but I know that there will be more to come.
    03/03/10 Filed CH7
    04/09/10 341 Meeting

Good luck, post back when you get home....

Comment

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Thank you for those kind words. After your discharge then it is your job to continue to help others without the knowledge you will soon be getting. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yes, please post back how it goes! Good luck. I know when I receive my discharge I will for sure stick around to help others... I feel it is a "duty" of sorts, a kind of paying it forward since so many people have calmed my nerves on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyquefour View Post
            Yes, please post back how it goes! Good luck. I know when I receive my discharge I will for sure stick around to help others... I feel it is a "duty" of sorts, a kind of paying it forward since so many people have calmed my nerves on here.
            Agree 100%. The amount of stress in my life before finding this website was insane. I couldn't eat I couldn't sleep and all I could was constantly think how my entire life was falling apart financially. I still stress but the laying in bed trying to fall asleep only to lay there and think about all the bills then fall asleep only to wake up in middle of night to my heart pounding is gone. I'm only 38 and I seriously started to think I was going to have a heart attack if it kept going the way things were.

Then I found this site and spent almost the first night wide awake reading about everything I could. So many helpful people and no passing judgment.

Comment

Yeah this site was a life saver. I took on most of the stress so my wife didn't have to worry about it. Sharing with the board my concerns and frustrations really helped home life. I kept my promise to my wife that we would not lose our home or our vehicles.

Comment

Ok so everything went excellent. The first good thing was that my lawyer showed up. Second, my wife and I have met the trustee before. He happened to be a municipal judge close to us (she is a paralegal and I'm a police officer). I could tell that the trustee reviewed every case thoroughly as he was ready with questions about assets for all debtors. I was embarrassed when he asked our professions because I make decent money but my wife had her hours cut back which ultimately put us in bankruptcy.

So since I forgot to mention it, we filed for Ch7 and have been deemed a no asset case. I guess the waiting period begins now. Its amazing that I was able to go this long without having to ask any questions on here. Any question I had was asked and already answered on this board, just had to search for it. This has been smooth so far.

I did receive a letter from Bass & Ass. in reference to my Best Buy card. They aren't getting anything from me lol!

Mi Bankruptcy- I couldn't agree with you any more. My wife is the same way. Worries about every little thing. I also took all the stress and preparation this.

Our lawyer could not believe how much information I knew which was mostly all thanks to you! We actually went to 2 other lawyers to get their "opinion". Due to our large income over the states median, when I mentioned means test, they both sat back in their chairs. One flat out said that we could not do a 7 and HAD to do a 13, even though we had -$212 income at the time. Lazy bums
                03/03/10 Filed CH7
                04/09/10 341 Meeting

Comment

Gratz! I'm very happy for you and your wife!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X