Scarrrred to death of the 341!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarrrred to death of the 341!!!!

I'm a new member (1 post before) and in the early stages of my ch.7. I have exhausted (as I am sure most people have) the alternative options to avoid filing b.k. and came to the sobering realization that b.k. is really it.
    My fear and anxiety levels over the 341 are the highest they can be even though I still have about 2-3 months before I am actually ready to file.

I have had a history in the past of severe Panic Attacks (typically in a situation like public speaking or stressful situations, ie; 341).
    I have gone so far as to convince my wife that we should still drop the b.k. idea (98k unsecured debt) just so I can avoid doing the 341 even though I cannot financially afford to pay my creditors.

The whole idea of being in a room with hundreds of people that zero in on my case as it happens makes me sick to my stomach. I typically build up this momentum of anxiety the morning of the situation and fear that sitting there watching everyone else go through this makes me over analyze the situation.

Any suggestions or familiar stories anyone can share would be greatly appreciated to help me through this ordeal.

Depending on your district, you probably will not have "hundreds" of people. In my area, there were about 20 in the room and all were there for the same reason. It was nothing like what I had made up in my head.

I highly recommend going to the courthouse to sit in and listen for a half hour. I was terrified of the 341 hearing, but after sitting and listening for a bit I realized it was nothing and just wanted it over.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and advice. I'm in Az and have been told by others that went through it here that they pack the rooms.

Do you or anyone know how to find out when the 341's happening ahead of time so I can pre plan to attend one? I would think they post it somewhere since it's open to the public.

Comment

I have people phobia too, and I handled it just fine. Since you apparently have someone else to drive and go with you, you could ask your doctor for a mild tranquilizer to help you get through it, or quickly learn some active relaxation techniques. Practice going. If you go to observe prior to your date, you can leave freely at any time you become uncomfortable. I thought the pre BK debt pile up was a whole lot more stressful than the 341. Everybody who is there for their 341s is a whole lot more worried about their own case than yours, believe me. Nobody is going to be zeroing in on you.

Comment

You can gp here http://www.azb.uscourts.gov/ and there will be a link to the 341 calender. There you can even find your trustee and his/her schedule and then plan to attend of you so wish.

On the anxiety, I myself long ago stopped worrying about what others think. I am sure everyone is a bit wound up but I suspect it will be such a relief you will wonder wtf you were stressing about.

We are in Arizona also and filing tomorrow so we will be right there as well.

Good Luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Tikitrey View Post
            I'm a new member (1 post before) and in the early stages of my ch.7. I have exhausted (as I am sure most people have) the alternative options to avoid filing b.k. and came to the sobering realization that b.k. is really it.
            My fear and anxiety levels over the 341 are the highest they can be even though I still have about 2-3 months before I am actually ready to file.

I have had a history in the past of severe Panic Attacks (typically in a situation like public speaking or stressful situations, ie; 341).
            I have gone so far as to convince my wife that we should still drop the b.k. idea (98k unsecured debt) just so I can avoid doing the 341 even though I cannot financially afford to pay my creditors.

The whole idea of being in a room with hundreds of people that zero in on my case as it happens makes me sick to my stomach. I typically build up this momentum of anxiety the morning of the situation and fear that sitting there watching everyone else go through this makes me over analyze the situation.

Any suggestions or familiar stories anyone can share would be greatly appreciated to help me through this ordeal.

There were maybe 18 people in this very long room for my 341....at one end was the chairs for people waiting and at the other a big square table where folks met with the trustee....it's not scary and my Trustee was a nice old guy who was very understanding.....the room didn't even look like a court room...more like a large conference room. I got myself all wound up over it when it turned out to be absolutely nothing....

Comment

You might want to bring a trusted friend or relative for support when you go to your 341, but whoever accompanies you may have to sit back when you sit down for the trustee to talk to you. It will be okay, very natural to feel nervous and anxious. I was like that going to my 341 and ALL myself Wish I had a trusted somebody to go with me! Good luck.
              Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
              Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X