top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option to pay interest only payment but we are using the full amoritized payment in B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to pay interest only payment but we are using the full amoritized payment in B

We are filing for chapter 7 BK and are a little concerned about our Mortgage payment deduction. We have the option to pay the interest only payment but have been paying the full amoritized payment. We of course want to use the higher payment as our deduction. We actually pass the means test with either payment option but Will using the full amoritized payment be a problem at the 341?

I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. It shows you are being careful in managing your debts. If you were going I/O, your payment would jump significantly in the future, correct? That would be a big negative for your future finances. As either payment would qualify you under the means test I wouldn't expect it to be an issue.
    4/14/2010 Filed Chp. 7 Pro Se :blink: 5/17/2010 341 Hearing :blush2: 5/17/2010 Trustee's Initial Report Filed :yahoo: 6/4/2010 Final Trustee Report of No Distribution :clapping: 8/2/2010 Reaffirmation Hearing (Approved) :clapping: 8/11/2010 Discharged!
    I am not an attorney. You should not consider any of my statements to be legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X