341 is done!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 is done!!!!

Just got home from the 341 meeting. OMG what a relief. We were the only pro se filers and we were the last to be called up. It was amazing sitting and watching all the debtors with attorneys that were unprepared. People were missing SS cards, tax returns, bank statements. This trustee didn't seem to care about tax refunds like may others do. She asked everyone where they spent it and never blinked an eye. She asked one lady who received a 5k refund where she spent it and after about a minutes pause said she paid her parents back $1500 that she owed them and the trustee just said ok. The questions we were asked were:

-the standard yes/no questions
    -where we spent our 7k tax refund.
    -how did we determine the value of our home.
    -she wanted a statement of my wifes 403b. (I had a copy with us)
    -she wanted a copy of the recorded deed of trust for our home. (anyone know why she needs this)

She said as soon as I get the deed of trust to her she will determine this to be a no asset case and everything else is fine. Looks like we are a member of the 60 day club now and it feels good!!!! Thanks to everyone for all your help.
    -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
    -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
    -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
    -Discharge 7/28/2010

Great news. Just like us, all that worrying for nothing.

Comment

Thanks for the information Getting Going.

Comment

Congrats and thanks for sharing your experience. My 341 is in a couple of weeks and I have everything ready to go. I am, however, very nervous. It's comforting to read "good news" stories. Puts me at ease -- at least for the moment.
        Filed: 4/30/2010; 341: 6/7/2010; Discharged: 8/11/2010; Closed: 8/16/2010

Comment

Congrats on getting through your 341!
          We had some issues that I was worried sick about and they never came up. I thank our lawyer for that, who had detailed explanations in our filing. My husband told me I worried for nothing, but I can't quite get him to understand that it could have gone so differently. Our trustee was awesome and we weren't even up there the longest. I'm just glad it's all done and we've been declared a non-asset case. Now we just have to get through the final day for objections and the discharge date.....
          Obtained an Attorney- 1st week of February 2010
          Filed for Chapter 7 - End of March 2010
          341 Done - Middle of May 2010
          Discharged - July 14, 2010

Comment

It is 4.35pm 5-25-10.We are done with 341 now. Questions asked by the trustee: How did you spent your Tax Refund? Our answer : for household expenses. and other yes -no questions,No other tricky questions. He complimented for good filing as pro se. Now we wait to see what happens next. Thanks to you all for sharing your experiances.

Comment

Now it is 48 hours past our 341. Received the trustee report of no distribution. Now we wait for 60 days.

Comment

Originally posted by avmarathe3 View Post
                Now it is 48 hours past our 341. Received the trustee report of no distribution. Now we wait for 60 days.

Good. You are well on your way to a fresh start.
                -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
                -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
                -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
                -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X