Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Northwestern Indiana...

...tomorrow at 12:30.

Attorney has warned us to speak up because the trustee gets mad if she can't hear us and to not answer her questions before she's done asking the question because that will get her mad also. Ok, no problem, but yikes.

Attorney also warned us that the trustee will probably complain that she didn't get our bank statements but not to worry because she (our attorney)usually has to resend them a few times before the trustee admits to receiving them.

Court house is about an hour drive away so we'll be leaving a little over two hours early to avoid any potential mishaps that could make us late. Plus we'd like to observe other 341's if possible.

I did discover on our schedule I that our stated gross income is off by 100 dollars. I missed it before. So our schedule J in reality isn't -9$ a month but -109$ a month. I'm not real sure this should be brought up at this point in time. This is the only thing nagging at me. I'm feeling pretty confident as far as everything else goes.

I'll be on for sure tomorrow to report on our 341.

And thank you to all who participate on this forum. I've learned so much here and I think this forum is a big part of the confidence I am feeling.
    Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
    341 June 1st, 2010
    Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Originally posted by jdcat View Post
    ...tomorrow at 12:30.

Attorney has warned us to speak up because the trustee gets mad if she can't hear us and to not answer her questions before she's done asking the question because that will get her mad also. Ok, no problem, but yikes.

Attorney also warned us that the trustee will probably complain that she didn't get our bank statements but not to worry because she (our attorney)usually has to resend them a few times before the trustee admits to receiving them.

Court house is about an hour drive away so we'll be leaving a little over two hours early to avoid any potential mishaps that could make us late. Plus we'd like to observe other 341's if possible.

I did discover on our schedule I that our stated gross income is off by 100 dollars. I missed it before. So our schedule J in reality isn't -9$ a month but -109$ a month. I'm not real sure this should be brought up at this point in time. This is the only thing nagging at me. I'm feeling pretty confident as far as everything else goes.

I'll be on for sure tomorrow to report on our 341.

And thank you to all who participate on this forum. I've learned so much here and I think this forum is a big part of the confidence I am feeling.
    It sounds like your attorney is doing a good job in preparing you for the 341 and letting you know about the trustees quirks. That's a good thing! Before you are called up tell your attorney about the income discrepancy. He will know how it should be handled.

Good luck!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I'm going to mention the income discrepency to her and see what she recommends when we meet with her. Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Off to see the wizard!
      341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Good luck on your 341. In the Southern District of IN our 341 went fairly smoothly, quick, and apparently very routine. Let us know.
        Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
        341- April 28, 2010;
        Confirmed May 25, 2010;
        $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Quote by 'jdcat':"Attorney also warned us that the trustee will probably complain that she didn't get our bank statements but not to worry because she (our attorney)usually has to resend them a few times BEFORE THE TRUSTEE ADMITS TO RECEIVING THEM."

Sounds to me as though your attorney and the trustee are having a 'go around'...
          I would take a copy of the bank statements with me and present them directly to the trustee IF she asks for them... GOOD LUCK !

Comment

341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Good For You. Isn't it wonderful when the 341 is over and the stress begins to melt. Some USTs are real buggers to deal with. I guess over time some of them get hardened because they've seen every trick in the book and seen the worst of the worst in some instances. I reminded myself that the UST didn't know me personally or my circumstances. A lot of us have never been before an authority like the UST before and never really involved in the legal system. It can be daunting. That said, it certainly can be a nerve racking and draining experience until it is over and you are still alive and in one piece.
              Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
              341- April 28, 2010;
              Confirmed May 25, 2010;
              $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Oh yes, so glad that part is over, lol!

I agree with you about the trustees having to be buggers to weed out the people who are trying to play the system. With the demeanor she had I can tell you that no one in that room would have lied to her. It was like she was daring everyone to try go ahead and try to lie to her, and I believe it was that attitude that got the one woman to admit that she didn't list her savings account on her petition.

When my attorney first went up with another client the trustee and my attorney exchanged some worried conversation about something that had happened to an acquaintance they both know, so I did see another side of the trustee that showed she's not all heart of steel. She's human. But man is she good at her job!

I also think she knew that my husband had no idea what he was talking about and I think that's why she didn't ask me to clarify the 401K stuff when it was my turn to be questioned. It was almost like she was saving face for him. It was so obvious that the numbers he gave her were wrong and I think she felt sorry for him, his stress was very very visible. I'm sure she sees that a lot too and knows that people make mistakes with the info when they are feeling that much stress. I just wish I had remembered to tell hubby before hand that if he didn't know the answer to a question to admit to not knowing.

So she was a tough cookie but she also showed some compassion in a way. I don't mind though that our time with her is *over*, LOL!
                341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Yesss! Just checked PACER and saw our Report of No Distribution!!! That was really fast!
                  341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Discharged and Closed.

341 June 1st, 2010

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X