341 meeting coming up, so nervous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting coming up, so nervous!

I am sick to death about my 341 meeting which is on Monday at 1:30. My stress is through the roof. I haven't been eating and sleeping well. I keep reading over and over that it is easy schmeesy but I still feel like I am walking into a room with a firing squad. I was told from the beginning that my BK was an easy one since I have no assets and am basically just charging off credit cards. Since filing they have not needed any additional paperwork and that I only need to bring my SS card and ID to my meeting. So why am I such a nervous wreck???

I just want to hurry up and get it over with, so I could feel a sense of normalcy in my life.

You're a wreck because you are letting the worry take over your life. As long as you have been honest with the paperwork, you will have NO PROBLEMS!

Good luck.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Hang in there. If you lose 1 minute's sleep over it, then it's 1 minute too much! It's a very simple process that you too will report how easily it went.

BK is a life-changing event. Take the opportunity to be positive, and get a fresh start.

A tip: I used to worry a lot, thinking "Oh gosh, everyone's cases always go well, but mine will be the one that they find something wrong with!" I had trouble sleeping. BUT, then I forced myself to think "Wait, this IS my chance to finally 'reset' things and get a 2nd chance! How often do chances like this come along? I can't wait for the meeting... because then it will be one major step forward into reclaiming my life back!"

Just be positive. Don't let the negative thoughts sicken you. Take deep breaths if you feel it overwhelming you, and go for a walk outside.

My 341 meeting was 1 week ago. It lasted 4 minutes (at most), and not even 1 'difficult' question came up. Once yours is over, you'll feel silly for worrying about it (but, hey... everyone does! You're not alone.)

You've taken the biggest step (probably in your life) to file BK and regain control of your finances. Now, it's time to regain control of your emotions and thoughts.

Remember that SO many good things come from a bankruptcy. A BK is much more than 'resetting' your financial situation. A BK is a life-changing event that (if you take the opportunity) can guide you to improve every part of how you live. When challenged with emotions, tackle and conquer them.

- rp
      This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

I had my meeting yesterday and was just as nervous as you are, but let me tell you. It took longer to find a parking space than the actual "meeting" was. I'm telling you it's quick & painless. Don't loss any more sleep and do a happy dance for getting this far. Almost done!!
        Atty on retainer - 04/13
        Filed - 04/28
        341 - 06/24
        DISCHARGE - 08/25/10

Comment

Your BK sounds like mine was...no asset, easy chapter 7, no additional paperwork..etc...

The 341 will be a piece of cake for you but you will probably be nervous anyway. Try not to think about it in the meantime..if that's possible.

Good luck to you!

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Very true! Yes, parking took longer than the meeting. Heck, finding the 'correct' entrance and going up the elevator took longer than the meeting!
            This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for your responses!!

Had my meeting yesterday afternoon, Greene County, Mo. The Trustee was stern, but actually kind of charming. He smiled very sweetly and was even joking around.

I tried to take everyone's advice and not be so nervous but I couldn't help it. Well guess what... I get to the meeting and I had FORGOTTEN the 341 questionnaire. They decided to go ahead and start my meeting, adjourn to let me fill out another set of forms, and then start again.

So the first part of the meeting he swears me in and asks me the basic questions. He was most interested in this NFCU LOC that is in my XH's name but I am helping him pay off. He didn't really ask many questions about my own debt.

Also, my lawyer is a crappy communicator. Found out during the meeting that I was charging off $245,000 worth of debt. I was shocked. As far as I was concerned it was only $35,000. Turns out they had included the home that my XH and I owned together (he got the home, never took my name off the mortgage, I had no idea).

Keep in mind, I was incredibly stressed! I almost burst into tears a couple of times during the meeting. >_<

So we adjourned, I filled out the forms, some other guy went in for his meeting. Then he calls me back in, flips through the paperwork and dismisses me.

My atty said that was it! To do my credit counseling and then just sit and wait. He said typically it takes 90 days, but mine should be much less. I am so relieved that is over!! I feel like I am one step closer to moving on with my life. I have to admit, the meeting was not worth the stress that I felt right before and during. It was relatively painless.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Comment

My 341 meeting is scheduled 2 weeks from today. Even though I've read many posts of many of you here, I'm still nervous. I don't understand why. Just can't help it, probably until the meeting is over. Until then... I'm just trying to control my being so nervous here. Thanks all.
                Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X