Over the median Chapter 7 filers post your results please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BCA2009 View Post
    I don't remember exactly, but you go to query, jut like when you are looking up your own case, and you can enter an attorney name and a date range and it will pull up cases. I had to click into each case individually to see how it came out. But you can see the the discharge info without actually going into the docket for each case. You may have to play around a little bit, but you can search on most things. I also went to the docket for my court and looked up when my (potential) attorney was going to have some 341's. I thought about going and watching him, but ended up not having time.
    I didnt know that either... Hmm, decisions decisions wonder how much it would cost me to pull up OUR attorney's cases? Because you know I'd want to see some of them that werent discharged and the reasoning why... Craaappp... LOL Thanks BCA2009, now I'm going to end up playing Nancy Drew!

Comment

We were over the median by about 5K I think and the bankruptcy administrator got involved. We're in NC and have a BA instead of the UST. A statement of presumed abuse was filed exactly 10 days after the 341 (which was extremely smooth btw). We had to submit a bunch of evidence to back up our case and then a statement of non-abuse was filed and we were discharged a few days later. Case is still open though b/c the panel trustee filed for an extension to examine our exempt assets. He's interested in my husband's stock options and will most likely be made an asset case for those.
      Filed Ch.7 on 03/17
      Statement of Presumed abuse filed 707(b) 05/03
      Statement of Non-Abuse filed!!
      Discharged 06/23/10

Comment

Useful info. My 341 is tomorrow & I haven't spend time worrying over it (will do separate post)-- but could some explain a UST (what interests are they representing) vs. a "regular" trustee? I suppose I could Google it. I am over on the means test but that includes UI (coming to an end) but after deductions, we are below.

Thanks!

Comment

I was over by income, and then below by exemptions. No out of ordinary questions @ 341 last week. Just waiting now.

Comment

Originally posted by adm View Post
            I was over by income, and then below by exemptions. No out of ordinary questions @ 341 last week. Just waiting now.
            Good to know. Now is the big hurdle, to see if the UST flags your case. I think they have up to 10 calendar days to flag it as abusive.

Mine is this week. We will see how it goes!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X