341 Meetings in Eastern District of Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meetings in Eastern District of Virginia

Can someone tell me where I can go and sit in on 341 meetings in the Eastern District of Virginia? I saw some reference to Alexandria, but can't seem to locate the exact physical location. Thanks in advance.

Hey---Skinsfan---try 200 S. Washington Street in Alexandria.

Comment

yep - thats where its at.... Alexandria. Make sure you leave in plenty of time for traffic when you have to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
        yep - thats where its at.... Alexandria. Make sure you leave in plenty of time for traffic when you have to go.
        Thanks.

It's open to the public, right? I only want to go and listen. I haven't filed yet.

Comment

so far as I know they are.

Comment

I went last week to 341 meeting just to observe. I had to check in with security and tell him I just wanted to observe (they had a list of the cases going on).

I can tell you I am VERY glad I went. Just watching the trustee's mannerisms and how she reacted to different answers. I definitely feel a little more comfortable now that I watched a few. Now as long as the UST doesn't show up I think I will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ugghh View Post
              I went last week to 341 meeting just to observe. I had to check in with security and tell him I just wanted to observe (they had a list of the cases going on).

I can tell you I am VERY glad I went. Just watching the trustee's mannerisms and how she reacted to different answers. I definitely feel a little more comfortable now that I watched a few. Now as long as the UST doesn't show up I think I will be fine.
              And I thought I was the only one thinking this way. Great. I will get over there.

Comment

Yep. For those attending their 341s in the eastern district area in VA, traffic tends to be really horrible in the afternoons. So make plenty of time for travel prior to 341 and afterwards. I had my 341 scheduled at 3 pm, but it was delayed to 4 pm and I did not get home until after 6 pm that day
                Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Originally posted by ForumReader View Post
                  Yep. For those attending their 341s in the eastern district area in VA, traffic tends to be really horrible in the afternoons. So make plenty of time for travel prior to 341 and afterwards. I had my 341 scheduled at 3 pm, but it was delayed to 4 pm and I did not get home until after 6 pm that day
                  and not only in the afternoons - mornings are horrid as well - I'd say if you're anywhere near Quantico or below (like Stafford/Garrisonville/Fredericksburg, etc) and your meeting is in the morning, plan very carefully and know alternate routes (at least 2 alternates) on how to get to Alexandria courts. ALSO very important - is know where parking is ahead of time because if the lots are full - you have to pay to park and find the lots yourself.

Comment

and not only in the afternoons - mornings are horrid as well - I'd say if you're anywhere near Quantico or below (like Stafford/Garrisonville/Fredericksburg, etc) and your meeting is in the morning, plan very carefully and know alternate routes (at least 2 alternates) on how to get to Alexandria courts. ALSO very important - is know where parking is ahead of time because if the lots are full - you have to pay to park and find the lots yourself.
                    Oh that is right about the Quantico area, traffic can be really bad in the mornings. As for finding a parking spot on the day of my 341, that was very frustrating! I ended up parking on a parking lot near the river and paid the parking fee. Parking seems to be difficult surrounding any courts of a state
                    Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                    Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

The actual address is: 115 South Union Street Alexandria, VA

Went down yesterday and was hoping to select a lawyer based on what I saw. Nope, the lawyers hardly said anything.

People were obviously lying to the Trustee, but he took it in stride. Not angry or argumentative, just the facts. "So, you're tools of the trade are worth $9900 whereas the exemption is $10,000." "How did you get the $9900 figure?" Answer: "Well, the backhoe is an '85." Yeah, right. "You claimed $1,000 in interest on your 2009 tax return, where is that from?" That was a gift. That was my 401k withdrawl. That was earned income.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                        The actual address is: 115 South Union Street Alexandria, VA

Went down yesterday and was hoping to select a lawyer based on what I saw. Nope, the lawyers hardly said anything.

People were obviously lying to the Trustee, but he took it in stride. Not angry or argumentative, just the facts. "So, you're tools of the trade are worth $9900 whereas the exemption is $10,000." "How did you get the $9900 figure?" Answer: "Well, the backhoe is an '85." Yeah, right. "You claimed $1,000 in interest on your 2009 tax return, where is that from?" That was a gift. That was my 401k withdrawl. That was earned income.
                        Yeah I found that out too late. Lawyer failed to mention this important fact. Had to walk 5 blocks. Good thing I arrived early! I didn't fib one bit and got out of there under 5 minutes.
                        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X