top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i know its not likely that a creditor shows up to a 341 but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know its not likely that a creditor shows up to a 341 but...

out of my 6 creditors, 2 of them retained local attorneys to collect (and i assume ultimately obtain judgment) . the other 4 just went to debt collectors i guess.

so does the fact that they have local rep increase the chances of them showing up at my 341? or were they just retained to try and collect and get the judgment?

thx.

Originally posted by tacomeat View Post
    out of my 6 creditors, 2 of them retained local attorneys to collect (and i assume ultimately obtain judgment) . the other 4 just went to debt collectors i guess.

so does the fact that they have local rep increase the chances of them showing up at my 341? or were they just retained to try and collect and get the judgment?

thx.
    Creditors retain local attorneys because they are licensed to practice law in your state. Unless the creditor has a cause to object to a discharge (fraud, abuse, etc), these attorneys are no more likely to show up than any other creditor.
    4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
    5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
    10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

We were sued a month before we filed by a local bank. They did not show up to our 341. No creditors showed up to ours.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X