341: Trustee NICE; ex-husband NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341: Trustee NICE; ex-husband NOT

341 today. Chapter 13 . I met with my lawyer 1/2 hour prior in an adjacent room where all the other lawyers were meeting with their people to go over the 6 questions we were all asked.

Typically, instead of having no creditors show like NORMAL Bk'ers, my X and his attorney and my divorce attorney's lacky showed up. And I was the first name called to boot, so I didn't have time to see what happened to others.

The trustee was VERY nice...I answered his questions except for two that I didnt' know (one was: what did your house appraise at in 1986? Heck, I can't remember that far back, but I told him I still had the appraisal somewhere)

After about 8 easy questions,he asked if there were any creditors. So up pops my X's attorney, an old codger who used to be a Ch 7 Trustee. He tried to mess with me w/o knowing that I've had to deal with divorce court and rep'ing myself there against a really obnoxious divorce attonrey for 7 years....so I'm pretty unflappable and tend to sweetly respond, but in ways that make them lose their temper.

He asked if I knew that my alimony ran out this month. (Duh) I said yes, but that I was filing for an extension. He said: well, the orders say that it ends this month period, not that you can ask for an extension. I said: sorry but I disagree, the orders clearly state that under certain circumstances...circumstances that have indeed come to pass, taht I can request an extension. HAROUMPH says he. Then he says: Are you still living in the house? I say: Yes He says: well then you are trespassing because you were ordered to vacate. I say: I'm sorry, the order related to my vacating the property within 4 days after it sold. It didn't sell. Just answer the question says he. So I say: did you ask me a question of whether I was trespassing or did you just accuse me? He turns red. The trustee rolls his eyes at the lawyer and smiles at me and shrugs his shoulders. I manage to get in the record that the REceiver TOLD me that since the closing wasn't going to take place because of the automatic stay, that I didn't have to vacate the house. (to defeat their strategy of getting Bk judge to think that I disobeyed fam court orders and was a very bad girl). The lawyer didn't seem to know that I'd offered to buy out X's share of the house way back in January and that my contract price was for more than the BUYER who is actually ahhhhh intimately related to X.

Over and Out. I just had to give X the finger as I left the room...boy did that feel good!

Q: Why are divorces so expensive?

A: Because they're worth it!

All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I am sure the others in the room were quite happy that you got to go first and give them the entertainment of watching you stick it to the ex and his attorney.
      Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

You guys are cute!
        Since X and his attorneys and 'his' judge have been sticking it to me for years
        in divorce court, it was certainly a change from what happened there. At the same time, they are planning on bringing the same ole methods into the BK court. Hopefully, US judges are not so easily bought.

Comment

ColoradoBell, I want to meet you....you are one tough lady....I loved reading this!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
            Q: Why are divorces so expensive?

A: Because they're worth it!

Oh so true...I tell everyone I know that if they are saving for marriage, they shouldn't forget to save for divorce...because, you never know...

Comment

GL!

Divorce was the best thing that ever happened in my life

Ended up marrying the bestest woman ever! With everything we're going through, we are stronger than ever.

Comment

Love how you stood up for yourself!
                Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
                0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X