341 learning-any objections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 learning-any objections?

Once I learn who my trustee will be (I file tomorrow) I'm thinking about taking a monring or afternoon off work to go observe some 341's conducted by my trustee to coincide with various cases, including pro se and my attorney. Does anybody see a down side to this?

I will of course post what I learn regarding my district for those interested.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

I can't think of a downside at all. It gives you an idea of his/her style and questions. It's good to get a preview of things to come. Even if you see a case go bad, you can learn how to prepare so it won't be an issue for you. Although you seem to be on top of things, so lack of preparation won't be an issue for you! It's a good idea.

Good luck with filing tomorrow.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

I didn't word this well...the reason I asked for downside is because I plan on seeing other 341's also represented by my attorney interacting with my trustee. Thought there might be some line if I learn of other clients of my attorney?
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I see what you saying. I did catch that you wanted to see your attorney and trustee in action. I still don't see a downside, as I would think others have done it.

At my 341, my attorney also representing another person and afterward she talked to us both at the same time about what to expect after the 341. I think it is very common for attorneys to have several debtors attend the same 341 time/day. So whether you find out about your attorney's other clients on the same day or a different day, I don't think it matters. Hopefully I am making sense, because I haven't had my coffee yet!
        Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
        341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
        Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

I think its an excellent idea...I've used the same strategy in fighting FC and other CC cases.

By seeing what actually happens in specific courtrooms and the manner of specific judges, its helped me be better prepared and see what is working (and not working). I'd assume it would have equal benefits in 341 meetings.

Comment

I didn't have that option.
            Where I am, the 341's are not done in an open court room.
            They are done in a closed conference room at the county court house.
            Everyone waits in the hallway. Trustee calls name. Debtor(s) and lawyer go in, and door is closed.
            7/01/10 - filed!
            11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X