341 Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting

Had our 341 on Tuesday. The trustee was a peach. He took great pains to explain to everyone there that it is very important to report any "claims" they may have against anyone. He explained that that meant any money you may receive in the future - from inheritance, insurance settlements, etc. You have six months from the date of your filing to report these claims.
    The meeting procedure was very simple. We provided proof of identity (photo ID and Soc. Sec. card) to the trustee's assistant and then were sworn in. Stated our names and address. He ask us, as well as everyone before us, if we had received the form explaining bankruptcy. He also wanted to know if we had read and agreed with all of the information on our petition before we signed it. In our case he asked how we had established the worth of our house. We told him it was the latest tax appraisal figure - he found this acceptable and excused us. He did mention that he would enter non-distribution (I took this to be a good thing).
    All of this took only about two minutes.
    Then we headed to a local bar for a stiff drink.
    If your petition is filled out correctly, and you are not trying to hide anything, the 341 is a breeze.
    One other thing - the financial management certificate is to be filed within 45 days after the 341 meeting (as per the trustee). But, because there has been such confusion regarding this one filing, the clerk of the court was accepting them anytime after the initial filing.
    Again, thank all of you who have helped us get through this.
    Now it is time to move on to a new adventure.

Congrats!!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Wooohoo, congrats!!!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congratulations!
        Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Please wait 10 days after 341 meeting to celebrate. You have to find out for sure that you are not getting presumption of abuse in the mail. All our dsitrict trustees are very nice and just ask questions from their checklist. I keep hearing horror stories about presumption of abuse letters just 2 weeks after very "nice" 341. Don't know what to make of it myself. Had 341 today. I'd assumed that the way my numbers are I must have been asked at least some clarifying questions, but - none was. Scary...

Comment

Congrats FatDaddy. Hopefully you will have a quiet 60 days!
            Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
            341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
            Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by lvasilieva View Post
              Please wait 10 days after 341 meeting to celebrate. You have to find out for sure that you are not getting presumption of abuse in the mail. All our dsitrict trustees are very nice and just ask questions from their checklist. I keep hearing horror stories about presumption of abuse letters just 2 weeks after very "nice" 341. Don't know what to make of it myself. Had 341 today. I'd assumed that the way my numbers are I must have been asked at least some clarifying questions, but - none was. Scary...
              On the original paperwork from the trustee, it was noted that there was no presumption of abuse. Also, after checking PACER, I found that the day after the meeting the trustee had entered an opinion that he had done all that he needed to regarding the case. He stated that it was to be "no distribution" and ask the court to relieve him of his duties regarding the case.
              Hopefully that is all there is to it.

Comment

magic words

stated that it was to be "no distribution"

These are the magic words fatdaddy!! Whoohoo!

Hope you have a most uneventful 60 days....

Tom in Colo
                Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X