Filed June 15th, 341 hearing continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed June 15th, 341 hearing continued

If I have overlooked the information for this in another post, I apologize. I did look..but did not see a case like mine.
    I am apparently living in a fog with my head in the sand...my husband filed chapter 7 on June 15th. July 16th he went for his 341 meeting. I was under the impression this was in the bag until I got on pacer and noticed the 'awaiting 341 meeting' status. So I asked DH about it and he said they actually were short on time, continued the 341 with a date to be determined and he has never gotten a notice on the continuation. In the meantime, we have been asked for documentation (2 years bank statements, answered a few questions in regards to this or that..nothing major going on.) He has a scheduled hearing for Sept 9th for trustee's objection to debtor's exemptions. We were aware of this and the need to amend our schedules...but my question is this..
    Our attorney says that sometimes the Trustee will wait and schedule the continuation of the 341 for a time after he has gotten all of the documentation that he has asked for or reviewed and that they would let us know as soon as they get the date for the 341 meeting.
    Is this normal really? I thought it odd that he is going to the hearing on objection of exemptions FIRST and then having the 341 meeting next. We are going to have assets (vehicles and tools) that are not able to be exempted so we expected the whole issue of that. But now I am worried that something may be up that we don't know about or is it actually OK that things are a little out of order?? I hope it is not a sign of dismissal etc to come.
    Our last day for objections to discharge is Sept 14th.. we were so close..does this start us all over or throw a whole other curve ball our way?
    SOMEONE please explain if you have had similar experiences.... (Thanks! in advance)

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X