Got my 341 meeting in a couple of hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my 341 meeting in a couple of hours

...and I guess I'm a bit nervous. From what I've read and been told that there isn't anything horrible that will happen, but I guess it's just the concept of being somehow involved in a legal proceeding.

I can't wait till this is all done and over with.
    8-15-10 : filed petition
    9-15-10 : 341 meeting
    11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

Take a few deep breaths - you will be just fine!

Let us all know how it went.
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Just got home from my 341 meeting and I must say that it was the most laid back setting I've ever been in. Questioning basic aspects of my petition (name, address, home, condo, etc.), but did ask some questions regarding the workers compensation claim I still have open. Mostly about my rating status which I myself still don't know yet. In all it was pretty easy.

My lawyer didn't show (I knew of this in advance), but he sent one of his partners which showed up in advance to go over the petition and the process. Overall I'm happy with the process and couldn't have expected more. We did talk about the mortgage company and to this day they are still attempting to collect with knowledge of the bankruptcy. I've gotta get them the letter and see where things stand and what can be done from here on.

I did find it humoring how the lawyers all knew each other including the trustee and how it seemed more like a social gathering for them as opposed to what the individuals declaring bankruptcy were there for.

I was nervous for no reason :P
      8-15-10 : filed petition
      9-15-10 : 341 meeting
      11-15-10: hopeful discharge date?

Comment

Glad to hear it went well. The more I read these the more relaxed I become!!
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X