Documents to 341 meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Documents to 341 meeting?

I filed Chapter 7 (Pro se) on 8/24/10 and my 341 is this Wed. 9/29. I sent tax returns to my trustee via certified mail on 9/21, but I have received nothing from my trustee requesting further documents. I plan on bringing bank statements and current year paystubs as well as my certificate of completion of the Debtor Education course. Should I bring anything else, am I missing anything? I expected something from the trustee requesting specific documents, is it a bad sign that I've received nothing?

Thanks for any advice!
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Did you receive a notice of your 341 in the mail? If so, it should indicate what you need to bring. For my 341, I had to bring bank statements and paystubs that included the filing date. I also brought Income Tax statements just in case. Don't forget to bring proof of ID, usually a drivers license and social security card. Good luck to you.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

If your vehicle will be paid within the plan, we had to furnish a proof of insurance at our meeting. HTH

Comment

I just read the notice again to be sure and the only requested document was the Statistical Summary that I forgot on the day of filing. I submitted that ASAP and confirmed on PACER. The only reason I knew about submitting tax returns is that it was on the pro se fact sheet provided by the court's website. Eastern district of Michigan if that helps. Thanks!
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

If there is a house involved in your filing, the Trustee may ask you how you determined the value; my Trustee did. I had used an appraisal that had been done about 8 months prior when our loan modification had been done. I brought a copy of that with me to the 341. The Trustee made note of it and said that she was happy that I had it handy. (Of course I had copies of EVERYTHING that she could have possibly asked for with me!). Over prepared? Yes. But I did not have to mail anything else to the Trustee and the 341 went very smoothly and very quickly.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X