341 and ssn mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 and ssn mistake

The 341 today went far better than I feared.

I could not find my social security card, so I brought my maiden name one and marriage certificate (17 years married!) and he said that was fine, great!

The only big glitch was husband's ssn...it was WRONG on the filing. Of all the big mistakes we noticed and had the lawyer correct, we missed this one completely. But the trustee was a good guy and told the lawyer to fix it with the court clerk, and then he let us keep going instead of continuing our hearing until the fix is made.

We answered a list of questions, mostly the standard ones:
    Is the info true?
    How did we get the house values?
    Are we reaffirming cars?
    Will we get a big tax return next year?
    and a few more easy to answer questions that seemed really innocuous.

Without being asked by the trustee or lawyer I had brought my 09 tax return- which turned out to be a good thing- he needed it at the table. I was glad it was in my folder with my ID

Nothing unexpected except the ssn issue. He thanked us, we thanked him and it was over in under 10 mins. The woman before us took about the same amount of time, as the trustee is not in a hurry asking his questions and was fine waiting for answers.

60 day countdown begins now!
    Filed 8/31/10
    341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Congrats to you - smooth sailing from here on out!!!
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Made me double check the forms to make sure my SS# was right. I'm sure i've probably done that at least a dozen times all ready.
      I already have my cards sitting out next to my purse.
      Hope my kitty doesn't decide to hide it on me. (my cards, not my purse) I could picture her dragging it down the hall. LOL
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Way to go! Welcome to the club
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X