341 today and nothing but bad luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today and nothing but bad luck.

So I ask my friend on sunday if he could drive me to my meeting on tuesday he says sure. He calls me this morning at 9am to say he's waiting for a call from his doctor(he hurt his shoulder at work) and he will call me back.
    Now my meeting is at 2pm so I call him at 11:30pm to see what's up no answer I try again several times he doesn't answer the phone.
    So I call my cousin but he's working he has his own business and it's short notice so he can't drive me.
    Now I leave the house at 12:55pm now i'm pissed I printed google maps for the location.
    I get there at 1:45pm park in the self parking garage and get there at 1:58pm.
    Wait 20 mins see my trustee for 5 min done no problems.
    Leave to get out of the garage and the ticket machine eats the ticket so I go to the office.The lady there asks when I put it in I said not 10 mins ago so she walks to the machine and opens it.She says my ticket isn't in there WTF now i'm pissed because to park there in downtown chicago for 1 hour it was $14 and now she tells me I have to pay full/lost ticket price of $31.
    Now I only have $10 in my pocket but luckily I have a bag of change in the trunk so I count out $15 in quarters and 7 silver dollars so I go to the office put it down she asks"what is this"? I say it's money she tells me they don't take change so go to dunkin donuts around the corner to cash it.
    Now right now i'm on the verge of choking her so I leave and find a citibank 1 block away also I have an account with them.Get change for cash for free they didn't even ask my name or account.
    I go pay the lady says if it doesn't work don't come looking for her.
    So i'm out $31 for less than 1 hour of parking i'm glad I moved out of chicago but at least i'm 60-90 days free of debt.
    Also I filed pro se my trustee asks who helped me I said I did it on my own and ask him if I did it right he checks it on the computer screen and says yes no mistakes.
    Last edited by exitar; 10-12-2010, 02:27 PM.
    8/30/10 Filed
    10/12/10 341 meeting

At least it was the parking attendant who was annoyed, and not the trustee!
    This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Wow, what a day! At least your actual 341 was a breeze. Congrats!
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Thanks
        8/30/10 Filed
        10/12/10 341 meeting

Comment

wow what a day exitar....
          soooo cool that you did such a great job pro se. I wouldn't have even attempted it.

CONGRATS!!!!!
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Exitar, kudos to you! The most important thing went right that day. What's 31 bucks? Congrats on a great 341.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

you have to admit its a small price to pay. Good Luck in the future!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X