341 today---- yipee skipee!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today---- yipee skipee!!!

I had my 341 today, we were almost the last case and the only Pro Se filers, which led to some interesting questions but I think I passed with flying colors. More on that later.

When we first arrived she had us sign a Pro Se form asking if we received any advice about our bankruptcy and if so who gave us the advice.

After swearing in the first question was who prepared our forms I stated myself she asked if I used a program to prepare the forms, I said you mean Best Case? she said yes I simply told her it was borrowed, no further question about it after that. She then asked the basic property questions like how did I arrive at the value of my property and followed it with the "trick" question as to how I arrived at my exemptions using state of Michigan or Federal I simply stated I used information from the NOLO book and NOLO.com..again no further questions about that.

She concluded it with "This meeting is adjourned and you will receive your discharge in a couple months"

Fingers crossed I think I am good to go, I have to amend the I and J but that's in the mail.

My meeting went far smoother than most of the others the Trustee was on the ball and asked very good questions IMO, she railed a couple of attorneys for listing assets, and excluding items on the schedules so my advice to anyone filing is to double check your doc's before signing them.
    Filed Aug 25 2010 - 341 Oct. 13 2010 Discharged!!!!!

Congrats on a smooth 341
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
      Congrats on a smooth 341
      Thanks and also a heart felt thanks to all those on this forum to assist me, this is the greatest BK forum . (period)

Comment

One thing that was funny is that a younger attorney came in and forgot his belt at the security checkpoint I thought to myself gawd I'm glad he's not my lawyer, sure enough the trustee told them if this, this and that were not corrected within 1 week she will object.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!!
          Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
          AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congrats - love to hear about smooth 341s

Comment

I'm impressed. Grats and you are on your way to your dance of Victory. The hamsters are restless. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

congrats strummerfan. Isn't it great to have that past you???!!!!

One more step down. ahummmm( i mean step up)

FROM one new member to another....WELCOME TO THE GREATEST CLUB ON EARTH!!!!!

In about 60 days, i think that hamster is gonna be tired. A bunch of us will have that song running through our heads. Yeah
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks! The Trustee's report of no distribution is already on PACER, so does that mean I'm in the clear smooth sailing?

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341. I hope to join you soon.
                    Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

How was the exemption question a "trick" question? I don't get that.
                      There are two secrets for success in life:
                      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Most people that use a preparer or attorney have no clue about exemptions so they ask questions that only a person educated on the process would know.

At lease in Michigan there are many illegal BK preparers that the courts are cracking down on, and rightfully so IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by strummerfan View Post
                          Thanks! The Trustee's report of no distribution is already on PACER, so does that mean I'm in the clear smooth sailing?
                          As far as i understand it...we're in the clear after the 341 UNLESS a creditor decides they want to do an AP or you are one of those unlucky few that end up in a random audit. I THINK thoses are more for those that are above median income and get a closer scrutinization.

BEST TO YOU
                          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

I have been checking pacer and it states "341 meeting held and trustees report of no distribution" but the actual file is not included and I have received a hard copy is this a problem, should I not be yipee skipee?

Comment

filed Sep 16 2010, 341 meeting Oct 22,2010. filing Pro SE.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X