341 on 10-20-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on 10-20-10

Our 341 meeting is on Wednesday. My only concern is how to respond if we are asked if we are current on our mortgage. Citimortgage is claiming that we are behind on our payments but we aren't. If the trustee ask me this question should I just simply respond "no" that I'm not behind or say "yes" Citi is claiming we are behind on our payments? We have proof that we are not behind on our payments, but Citi is claiming we never made the payments for August and September.

Take copies of your proof paperwork with you, just in case. Chances are the trustee will not ask, but if he does, simply say: "Citi is wrong. We are current and here is the proof", and hand over your documents. Make sure you take copies, and keep the originals in your file at home.

Good luck! Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you for the response AngelinaCat. This forum has been a big help for me to get through this bankruptcy.

Comment

Since you are being recorded, start off with saying yes and nothing else. If the trustee asks further questions, then you can explain that Citi is saying you're behind and you have proof that you're not. The less you divulge, the smoother is your 341. After the 341, everything is really now between you and Citi. If they want to make noise, you have proof that you're not behind.
        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

341 today is over

I just got back from my 341. I was asked about 10 questions and it went very smooth. The trustee didn't ask me about anything concerning my mortgage so that was a relief. Getting to the meeting didn't quite goes as smooth. I had an eleven o' clock a.m appointment so I made sure to leave extra early about 8:30 am. I had to drive to downtown Los Angeles. I didn't realize until last night talking to my wife that we actually had two different addresses for our 341 meeting. Talk about a stressful situation. The Los Angeles BK court had us at 1201 S. Figueroa at the Convention Center and our attorney had us going to 725 S. Figueroa. We called our attorney and they confirmed our appointment at 11 am on 725 S Figueroa. So we got to downtown an hour early and went to where the meeting was suppose to be. We were told that we were suppose to meet an attorney by the name of Tracey there at 10:30. Well, it's now 10:30 and my wife and I are sitting in the waiting area when I made a comment to my wife that I hope Tracey shows up on time. All of a sudden this lady sitting across the way from us over hears me and asked me if we were Mike and Dana S.? I said yes, and she asked me for the BK papers that the BK court sent us in the mail because she didn't have us listed for the 341 meeting at that location. Turns out the 1201 S. Figueroa address was the correct one. We get back into our cars and head down to the Convention Center and we finally arrived at 10:50 am. I"m glad I left extra early and that Tracey heard me talking to my wife otherwise we would have been late for our meeting. The meeting was very fast for us but not for others. The Trustee got impatient with some continually asking them to speak up since there was a big Herbalife convention going on at the Los Angeles convention center and alot of people were walking through the hallways talking. We were the last ones to be called up and it lasted only about 3 minutes. I'm so glad that the meeting went smooth. Now I'm just waiting for my discharge.

Comment

Yay!!!
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X