top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far back should I gather my tax returns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far back should I gather my tax returns?

Hi everyone,
    My NOLO book says that when gathering all of the information needed for the trustee, to include your most recent tax return. That, I have, but I've noticed some others on this forum talk about having returns for the last two years.
    So, I was wondering do I need to go back any farther than this previous tax return? None of my returns are substantial by any means, because my employment history has been kinda checkered working on and off throughout school.

Thanks!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Sorry everyone!! I just noticed I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum!
    I don't see how to delete or move it.

Comment

No worries ;) I would have at least the last two tax returns with you at your 341, and you will most likely get the information from your trustee ahead of the meeting as far as what they want. Again, this varies from state to state, trustee to trustee. I am one for being prepared for the unexpected.

Our trustee did send us a letter with a list of things to bring with us. He asked for the last three tax returns in the letter, but only asked to see the 2008 and 2009 when we got to the meeting. Also, it's a good idea to have a couple bank statements. You will most likely be asked for the statement that includes the date of filing.
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by free2breathe View Post
        No worries ;) I would have at least the last two tax returns with you at your 341, and you will most likely get the information from your trustee ahead of the meeting as far as what they want. Again, this varies from state to state, trustee to trustee. I am one for being prepared for the unexpected.

Our trustee did send us a letter with a list of things to bring with us. He asked for the last three tax returns in the letter, but only asked to see the 2008 and 2009 when we got to the meeting. Also, it's a good idea to have a couple bank statements. You will most likely be asked for the statement that includes the date of filing.
        Hey,
        Sounds good! I'm going to go ahead and request two transcript on top of the most recent one, so I will have a total of three just in case the trustee asks for them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X