top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 My Thoughts About Worry After The Metting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 My Thoughts About Worry After The Metting.

I'm posting here in this fourm because we had our 341 today. I wanted to share my thoughts about whole saga that led to the BK. I’m going to share it in the other forums. I worried myself sick mostly about the unknown. The Moran Law Group has a good web site. After the 341 my wife and I looked at each other and as we left the meeting room and said “ man that was easy” and breathed a sigh of relief. It took 4 minutes. We were $1.2 million in the hole mostly business debt that we had personally guaranteed. Bad economy. I hired a lawyer to do the job for $2500.00 ( yeah your bankrupt but not broke) and by the time the 341 rolled around we were on our 4th lawyer. We predicted the 3rd would not show as the meeting was the day after Thanksgiving. There are good lawyers and bad lawyers like good plumbers and bad plumbers. The paralegal dose the government paperwork on a computer after doing a telephonic interview with you. Then the lawyers look it over and sign off on it. Be truthful in this interview. Know your exemption amounts. Nobody at the law firm told me what they were. I knew what they were so no problem. But back to the 341. One of the few things the lawyers told me was have your taxes done and have a original SSN card. That is the only advice I got. A few days before our meeting we cased a few meetings. Sat in on a few (my fear of the unknown) When all had gone up and were gone the trustee (not ours)asked what were we doing there. I said we were observing. He said that was a good idea so we would know what to expect. Anyway what amazed me at the meetings were some Pro Se fillers who had no ID or SSN card. And the ones who had not done there taxes!. Was it worth all the worry.? NO. Absolutely not.

That was a lot of debt you got rid of! Congrats and welcome to the 60-day club!
    Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
    Attended 341 September 2010
    Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Wow - 1.2M is a huge weight off your shoulders! You have got to be feeling relieved.

How did you find out when other 341 meetings were taking place? I filed pro se and would like to sit in on the procedure before my 12-16 date to see what my trustee is like. I found info about him online and the paragraph that listed his "quirks" was three times as long as all the other trustees in my area. Thanks in advance for info!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

In my district, the calendar is posted online. The names and Chapter under which folks are filing are listed along with the times and the name of the trustee.

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
        Wow - 1.2M is a huge weight off your shoulders! You have got to be feeling relieved.

How did you find out when other 341 meetings were taking place? I filed pro se and would like to sit in on the procedure before my 12-16 date to see what my trustee is like. I found info about him online and the paragraph that listed his "quirks" was three times as long as all the other trustees in my area. Thanks in advance for info!
        Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

1. Have SSN card
          2. Have a ID
          3. Have your taxes done

Comment

Thanks, wipe and mikey!
            Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
            New Job 7-2011

Comment

I see you had your 341. Looks like it went well. Just a normal grilling. Welcome to the 60 day club. My 60 days expired today. I'm rounding third and heading for home.

Comment

Originally posted by wipetheslate View Post
                In my district, the calendar is posted online. The names and Chapter under which folks are filing are listed along with the times and the name of the trustee.
                I see you had your 341. Looks like it went well. Just a normal grilling. Welcome to the 60 day club. My 60 days expired today. I'm rounding third and heading for home.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X