top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting, what items should we bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting, what items should we bring?

Will be having our 341 meeting in 2.5 weeks and we would like to know what documents are needed to be handy. My attorney said to only bring SS card and ID with us and this was sent to me via letter as well. Thanks and I appreciate the help...

What your attorney said........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yes, SS card and ID. Seriously. I brought papers and didn't need any of them. As long as you know your attorney submitted all the paperwork properly (especially your taxes, paystubs and bank statements), you only need your SS card and ID.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

My meeting was adjourned for a month because I didn't have my SS card. Supposedly the court sent me a notice that instructed me to bring it, but my mail delivery is horrible here and I never received it.

Actually, it worked out okay, though. I had an opportunity to observe the proceedings of the people ahead of me, and also showed up early on the adjournment date just to listen. I wanted to get a feel for how the trustee reacted to different things. It was helpful. The trustee I had, for example, had no tolerance for jokes -- except for his own. He cracked these horrible one-liners, and then looked around the room to see if anyone was laughing.

When I saw him smile at some people who laughed at his jokes, I started to laugh, too. Not big belly laughs. Just little chuckles -- just enough so that he noticed me laughing.

He must have appreciated that because the lady ahead of me got the third-degree, but he only asked me a few easy questions and sent me on my way.

My only other advice: Wear a suit, but make it a cheap (or worn-out) one. I noticed that the trustee was more cordial to those of us men who wore suits and ties (or women who were dressed in an appropriate manner). So wear a suit. Just don't make it an Armani.

-Rich
        Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
        Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Our attorney told us the same thing only bring SS card and ID. However we brought every document with us and good thing we did because our stellar attorney forgot to submit all of our backup with our filing and we were able to present it to the trustee at the hearing.

So better to be prepared then not is my motto

Originally posted by johnjan2009 View Post
          Will be having our 341 meeting in 2.5 weeks and we would like to know what documents are needed to be handy. My attorney said to only bring SS card and ID with us and this was sent to me via letter as well. Thanks and I appreciate the help...
          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

This is good to know, did anyone have to provide bank statement for the month of filing? I filed 11/23/10, Trustie asking for statement for November not that its a problem, but my paycheck was deposited on the 26th. 2010
            Refurbished computers starting at $254.00
            http://www.electronixrus.com

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X