341 Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Done

Lawyer sent a sit in and I was worried the entire time because I'd never seen him and still don't know what to expect. No PACER information And no answer at his office either...........Don't know why I paid a lawyer when I could had done all of this myself as 3 in front of me did........
    Filed Oct 28 2010
    341 Meeting 12/15/10

Did it feel like the meeting went ok? Hopefully everything will be ok. At least the 341 is done. I just do not understand the paying for a service, and then getting a fill in. I would be a bit peeved about that, I did specifically ask my lawyer if she would be at our 341, if she had said no I wold have moved on. Sorry to hear about this as it just adds to the anxiety.
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

My lawyer also sent a stand-in for the 341. To be honest, she barely said a word anyway, so I don't think it mattered. Lawyers typically don't say much at the 341, anyway, unless there are creditors there. Generally they introduce themselves and then shut up, from what I observed.

-Rich
      Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
      Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Meeting went fine but my point is I PAID someone to represent me, when it seems it wasn't needed and he wasn't there. i am debating filing a complaint and asking for a partial refund. I filed bankruptcy so this money wasn't easy to get
        Filed Oct 28 2010
        341 Meeting 12/15/10

Comment

Originally posted by cthornton View Post
          Meeting went fine but my point is I PAID someone to represent me, when it seems it wasn't needed and he wasn't there. i am debating filing a complaint and asking for a partial refund. I filed bankruptcy so this money wasn't easy to get
          Well, you're certainly within your rights to do that. But I'd also consider the possibility that the 341 "went fine" at least partially because of the work your lawyer did in advance. If everything is done right up until that point, 341 meetings are usually pretty much formalities. When they go screwy, it's usually because either the lawyer screwed up, or someone lied.

So for me, the fact that my high-priced lawyer sent a substitute about my daughter's age (if that much) to sit mute for the four or five minutes the meeting took wasn't particularly important. She sat mute very well, and was kinda cute besides.

In the end, I got what I wanted, and all's well that ends well as far as I'm concerned. And I gave him a bottle of cheap red instead of the good stuff I was planning to give him, so I figure we're even. (I still have the good stuff, by the way. I plan to open it on Christmas Eve if you're planning to be in the neighborhood.)

In any case, my debts are gone, and I'm a happy camper. The lawyer did right by me even if he did send a young kid whose name I forget to "represent" me at the 341. So I'm satisfied. But hey, that's just me.

-Rich
          Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
          Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

Fiancee' convinced me it was ok with her, so now I wait and still no PACER information, does everyone get this?
            Filed Oct 28 2010
            341 Meeting 12/15/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X