Had 341 today, got grilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 today, got grilled

Maybe because I was pro se? The previous petitioner didn't get nearly as many questions, but she had an attorney. Mostly he seemed hung up on two things: (1) no tax returns the last 2 years, and (2) how I could survive the last couple of years without any income. I had to explain multiple times that I had no tax returns because no income means I'm not required to file a return, and that savings plus credit cards (the debt therefrom being why I'm filing BK in the first place) were how I survived. He seemed to think I must have been supported by somebody else. Eventually he said he was "closing the case as no asset", which I assume means I'm in the 60 day club (unless "close" has some other meaning). My landlord's attorney was pretty aggressive too, the trustee basically shut him down. Altogether less than pleasant or swift.
    3/7/11 -

Hi Randian,

Sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you had hoped. By the looks of it, it seems you're in the 60-day club, so let me be the first to congratulate you! It must be a relief having this meeting over with...I can't wait for mine to be over with.

I wonder why the trustee got so hung up on how you were supporting yourself even after you explained yourself multiple times? A person has to do what they have to do in these times to get by. Trustee may not understand that, but those of us who struggle sure do!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

Originally posted by sscott4775 View Post
      By the looks of it, it seems you're in the 60-day club, so let me be the first to congratulate you!
      Thanks. This forum is great.
      Originally posted by sscott4775 View Post
      It must be a relief having this meeting over with...I can't wait for mine to be over with.
      Yes it was. I wonder if he was probing for a contradiction or lie. He even asked if the books I had in storage were valuable. Unless I'm hiding something like a Gutenberg Bible I can't think of any books valuable enough for a BK trustee to bother with. The mass market paperback scifi I actually own was, naturally, uninteresting.
      3/7/11 -

Comment

You're probably right, he was probably just doing some normal investigating...a worthwhile attempt to scrounge up any valuable assets that might have been overlooked.
        I hope the next 60 days go by peacefully for you!
        Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
        341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
        Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

Generally a pro se filer doesn't get treated differently, but I think Trustees rely on attorneys to do some due diligence, I think that's all the Trustee was doing. It sounds like you'll be fine.
          Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

Thanks for this report - it was interesting, and a bit different from what others usually report. I'm surprised the trustee didn't understand why you didn't file taxes.

Comment

welcome to the 60 day club.

Comment

I'm glad your 341 is over. Hopefully 2011 brings us both jobs and steady income!
                Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
                New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X