Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contacting trustee prior to 341?

Hi everyone,

My 341 is scheduled on the 26th of January and I've not yet received a letter from the trustee stating what I need to bring (besides DL & SS card). I was thinking about contacting her office on Monday and was wondering if you all thought it would be better to call or email her or does it even matter?

I hope this doesn't seem to be a silly question, but I read in my NOLO book that trustees prefer email and I just wanted to see you all thought that would be the better means to contact.

Thanks!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

I am assuming that you are filing pro se? If so, I would call the office and talk with the trustee, or the assistant. You may also want to follow up with an email so that you can print out your questions and the responses for your file.

Good luck to you!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You might also want to consider dragging your feet a few more days for something to arrive. You still have a little over a couple weeks before the 26th.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
        You might also want to consider dragging your feet a few more days for something to arrive. You still have a little over a couple weeks before the 26th.
        I actually entertained the thought that I might not have given the trustee time enough to send me notice. I've been extremely punctual since I filed so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to wait a few more days into next week to see if I receive anything.
        Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          I am assuming that you are filing pro se? If so, I would call the office and talk with the trustee, or the assistant. You may also want to follow up with an email so that you can print out your questions and the responses for your file.

Good luck to you!
          Hi Angelina,
          I am a pro se filer. When I do contact, I'll probably just call over there and the email suggestion sounds like a good idea too.
          Thanks!

Comment

We had a telephonic pre-341 'dress rehearsal' one week before the actual 341. At that time we were told what we needed to bring. We are in Middle District Florida (Jacksonville), and the telephonic hearing seems to be peculiar only to this District.

Comment

We had a telephonic pre-341 'dress rehearsal' one week before the actual 341. At that time we were told what we needed to bring. We are in Middle District Florida (Jacksonville), and the telephonic hearing seems to be peculiar only to this District.
              I had never heard of the telephonic interviews prior to visiting this forum, but it sounds like it would be good preparation for the actual thing.

Comment

Gosh - I'm glad Middle District Florida (Tampa) didn't require that.

Comment

Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure 4002(b)(1)(2) indicates that you should bring your picture ID, evidence of SSN, evidence of current income such as most recent paystub, and statements for each of your depository and investment accounts, including checking, savings, and money market accounts, mutual funds and brokerage accounts for the time period that includes the date of the filing of the petition.

It doesn't say to bring tax returns to the 341, but that's asked for so often I would bring those too. I would also bring any other documentation that you think might be needed based on your particular circumstances. For instance, if your medical expense is higher than most, you could bring documentation supporting that.

Of course, this might be more than what your particular trustee needs to see but if you're asked, you'll have it.
                  There are two secrets for success in life:
                  1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by sscott4775 View Post
                    I had never heard of the telephonic interviews prior to visiting this forum, but it sounds like it would be good preparation for the actual thing.
                    I think it would be a good preparation for everyone. We found out what we needed to bring with us to the actual 341.

Now, it would have helped if our attorney had explained that this was the purpose. All we knew at the time was that we were biting our fingernails at this telephonic hearing.

And then we were biting our fingernails AGAIN at the 'real' 341, though the questions were essentially the same.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X