341 Down! Play by play...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Down! Play by play...

Today was an excellent day! We had our 341 and were the first in our group’s time slot. Were in an out within 8 minutes from the time everyone began shuffling in. It would have been shorter had the trustee not been disturbed by someone calling the wrong conference room. As with another 341’er I just read today (congrats on a great meeting too!), he seemed to focus on making sure that we were the ones who completed the forms ourselves with no prep services, lawyers etc. I think we were asked that question in 10 different ways AND we had completed a form saying just that too. Other than that, he went through many of the standard questions seen on this forum. The 341 sticky really helped us! He asked nothing out of the ordinary and when he said, “I’m going to dismiss you now…” I was thinking, “Really??”. SO HAPPY!!!

Got to say that I was really nervous, making sure I had a lot of numbers memorized so I won’t have to fumble around papers, if needed. DH and I were getting a little freaked out because we were noting how long it took others in the time slot before us to come out…one couple took almost 25 minutes and they looked pretty upset when they walked out of the room. Before they went in to see the trustee, I heard their lawyer INTRODUCE himself and said that he was representing them instead of the person they’ve been dealing with. So all of that made me nervous seeing that they didn’t seem to have a good 341. No creditors showed up, but when we sat down and the conference room phone rang, DH thought it was a creditor calling in (he read that it happens from time to time) and said he was freaking out inside (I’ve never read that so it didn’t phase me).

Advice summary from the experiences so far (basically, the sticky on this forum):
    Filing:
    . Have your paperwork in order. Don't miss a beat! Use the NOLO book and this forum! Lawyer or no lawyer, you provide the data and need to make sure it's accurate and explainable.

Before 341:
    Get any items your trustee needs to him/her asap. We emailed the requested items and followed up with a phone call to confirm receipt a week after emailing. The more "on top" of it and prepared you are/you appear, the better.

341:
    · Be prepared (but yea…no need to memorize things…I’m just that nerdy). Have all paperwork, IDs, etc in order. Eat breakfast or drink water (I couldn't eat) and breathe.
    · Get there early. Got there an hour early…it went by quickly and gives you time to settle in and observe. Don't rush or run late.
    · Straightforward yes-no answers as emphasized in this forum.
    · Business casual.
    · Spit out your gum unless you can control the chewing.
    · Smile and be polite.

Keeping fingers crossed until discharge, but meanwhile celebrating this step!

Shel

Pro se; filed 12/6/10; 341 1/11/11; tick tock...

Excellent! I am very happy for you So glad it went well!!!
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Thank you for sharing your 341 experience. It really does help others when they can read about it. Congrats on the smooth sailing, and now you're in the 60 day club!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

thank you and to everyone on this forum. dh did most of the research and i did a lot of the detail work and referred to him and NOLO book, but I can't tell you how much I appreciated all of the help and answers and the support knowing that we're not alone! cannot wait to see the word "discharged" by our case #, like you, free2breathe!

Comment

Wow! It sounds like you had a great meeting! We go tomorrow - not pro se - but I am gonna be just as "nerdy" as you!

Congrats!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats. Another successful pro se filer.

Comment

You will do great, ValleYum!!!! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

That is sooo great sj.
                The big "D" is awesome. I pulled out my big "D"n"C" piece of paper the other day to look at it again.
                I can still hardly believe it. Your 60 days will come and go and your new life will await you.
                The very best to you.
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Happy feet again today ...dh just looked up PACER -- Report of no distribution!!!!!!!! yipppeeee! what a huge burden lifted off our shoulders. fingers crossed for 60 days, meanwhile, getting our lives straightened out on this fresh start! sleep will be peaceful tonight.

Comment

Dance Happy Feet Dance.
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X