341 done and a success!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 done and a success!!

Boy, it sure does feel good to finally type those words! My 341 is now done and everything went very smoothly. I arrived there about 12:00 and the appointment wasn't until 1:30. The room was absolutely packed, so I decided to wait in the hallway, and as I waited, I had a really nice long conversation with an older gentlemen who was there with his son, who, unfortunately, was about to lose his home. Talking with this gentlemen, who turned out to be a preacher was really inspiring and it made me feel so much better when my turn came to go into the room.

I walked in about 12:45, and the room had thinned out a lot. There were a few other people still in the room. I was called up about 1:00. The trustee was very friendly. She did question me about my move from Kentucky, asked about where I got the forms to file, my exemptions, and the usual questions about inheritance, propety ownership, etc., did I transfer any property within the last year, which I did, and I told her about the transaction and she never questioned it further, not even to know what I spent the money on. I feel I might have faced additional scrutiny because I'm pro se, but all in all, no sweat. I was at the table about 7 minutes.

After she finished her questions, she asked me to sit back down and wait until 1:30, just in case any creditors decided to show up. Thankfully, no one did, but that 20 minutes seemed like a lifetime! After the time rolled around, she dismissed me and I walked out a very happy man! Now just waiting on the report of no distribution.

I can't thank everyone here enough for all their wonderful help, guidance, and support!! Thank you all so much!! YAY for the 60 day club!!!!
    Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
    341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
    Discharged: 03/29/2011

Way to go, sscott! Knew you'd sail through ;)
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!!
      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

sscott - see, I told you you'd be FINE - happy for 'ya!!!
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Yay!! I am SO happy for you!! You Pro Se filers are rocking these 341s!!

Congrats & welcome to the 60 Day Club. Initiation fees can be sent via Paypal! hehe
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Well due to nature, I have a new young batch of hamsters waiting just for you. 60 days will go faster than you think. Victory is around the corner. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congrats to another succesful pro se filer.

Comment

Thanks so much!!!
                Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se: 12/23/2010
                341 Meeting: 01/26/2011
                Discharged: 03/29/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X