341 Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Complete

And yes, as forewarned, it wasn't that bad.

OUr trustee was not there, but her attorney was to ask all the questions. Hubby and I sat and listened to some cases before ours (meeting was in a room I couldn't even call a conference room). They were running behind, we had an 11 appointment and didnt get called until 1215.

First question under oath - why are you filing for BK. I was a little surprised. The simpliest answer, I can't afford my debt anymore, was satisfactory with no additional questions.

For us, the only detailed questions asked were our charitable contributions, verification of income (that my husband, whose income is hard to pin down, was just over what we put forth by her calculations), with a question about my disability (for maternity leave). OUr lawyer informed her that my husband recently lost his job and we would be amending our income and expenses, including for our upcoming move. She asked when that was. We are not affirming our house, so she asked if we stopped making our payments - and what we were doing with the money. Before we could answer, she did "saving for security deposit?". SHe also questioned my transportation expenses, but I explained my commute, and that with my move, I'll be using hte train, so they were still accurate, and she had no other questions.

Other than the other y/n questions: did you read all paperwork before signing, expecting inheritance, owe child support, file your taxes yet (and when), make any purchases or sell anything in the last 3 years, that was about it. No creditors in attendance.

She wished us good luck and we were on our way. Maybe 10 minutes tops.

Other folks in front of us - some were in the hot seat for 20 minutes. I couldn't believe some of the things i heard - a couple, with no children, claiming $100 more for food that we are (with two kids in diapers and one on formula - all under food!), outrageous cell phone bills, gas that way exceeded what made 'sense'. Another case a creditor showed up, and all I can say is wow. They asked a ton of questions of this woman and she had no idea on the answers.

I came armed with my DL and SSCard, and my BIG folder of all copies of information and letters from my attorney and the court. My attny asked why I had all that - that I didn't need any of it. His office had mentioed to bring all back up just in case, and I'd seen it here too. My hsuband teased me and called it my wubby - but oh well, better prepared than not.

So now, we begin the process of updating our schedules and see where we land. It's possible we could end up in a Ch7, and go through the 341 all over again.....
    Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Thanks for the update Boomer, and good luck! Keep us posted.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

Thanks for the good read, boomer. Congrats on getting the 341 done.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X