Continuance Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuance Questions

Hello, I had my 341 Meeting yesterday and it went relatively smoothly. The TT stated the entire tax refund amount we will be getting will be taken from me and wanted copies of the latest bank statements, up to the date we filed and issued a "continuance" of our meeting to March 14th. He said I do not have to attend this meeting and it should be between him and my lawyer. My lawyer had to represent another client immediately after me, so I was not able to speak with him. My questions are:
    1) Does the 60 day clock start yesterday (day of my 341 meeting) or on March 14th (date of continuance meeting)?

2) The threads I read on this forum regarding continuance has the client coming back for this meeting. In my case the TT said no need for me to show up. Is it possible I mis-understood the TT or is it common for the TT to just meet with the attorney and the client is not needed to show up?

I know I should speak with my lawyer to confirm, but to be honest, I am not happy with the law firm, as they respond to about 1 out of 7 emails I send and return only 1 out of 10 of my phone calls. So I strongly feel I will get a response from here sooner than I would from my lawyer.

Thanks!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X