getting a secured after 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting a secured after 341?

hey everyone, I found a bank that gives a secured credit card without checking your credit, so no score is needed. you have to apply and then send in your funds. My question however is: would there be any issues post 341, pre discharge to signing up to get a secured cc? i wouldnt use our checking account to be seen either, but that would be post 341 anyways. i guess my concern is the TT raising an eyebrow plus, it could potentially be reported to the credit buraus b4 discharge. i may still wait till its discharged, since i wont 'need' a cc till end of june, and 341 is 2/24... not going to rack up debt, but need it for a car rental even tho i prepaid it with a gift debit card), you need a cc to actually allow the car to be released-or they run your credit- in our case, ya, good luck with that given ch7. sorry to ramble, any help is great, i love this forum!
    Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

If you have an attorney, run it by him or her. My suggestion would be to wait until you are discharged and closed. I've read a lot of other threads on this subject and that seems to be the prevailing wisdom.
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Thanks Disco, I have been reading a ton of the same things you said after i posted it. perhaps i shoulda done a little more dilligence before posting, but i will be waiting till discharge for sure
      Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X