Chapter 13 341 complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 341 complete.

Well, I don't think that went over too well. Off the bat, I didn't think the trustee would miss anything and he didn't. He was the managing attorney of the office. He already has removed items from our means test, i.e. school fees, which will increase our payment. They want our payment to increase after my car is paid off in three years. I asked the attorney about the lien strip and he had to ask the trustee whether he needed to file a motion or not. The trustee indicated that it was suggested, but not necessary as the lien strip is built into the plan.

My attorney did not bring the CMA I provided to him and I didn't think I needed to bring it since I gave it to him! The trustee asked for it. He also said he would pull the values for my cars from KBB, he didn't and the trustee asked for the values! Also, the attorney did not provide the trustee will all the tax returns I provided to him!

My attorney doesn't expect this to be confirmed on my confirmation hearing date 4-20, but I guess we'll see.
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Hi---lolly---pardon me---but what is CMA?

Comment

Sorry to hear it was an ordeal. My two 341's (I converted and had to do a second meeting) were a painless experience. My attorney went to school with the Chapter 13 Trustee. But I do not think that matters as much as you might think. The Trustee's assistant is the one doing the digging and fighting. Still, no hiccups. The Chapter 7 meeting was almost a pleasurable experience. The Trustee joked, was very pleasant and it was over in about 3 minutes - no exaggeration.

Your attorney needed to be more prepared. Does he do just bankruptcy?

Comment

Hi Feelingnutsy, CMA is the comparative market analysis for my home to prove that the value is less than the balance on my first loan for the lien strip.
        Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

Comment

Hi Corrin,

Yes, he only does bankruptcy. Small office and he's been in business for 35 years. (May be time to retire IMO)

Comment

Hi---loly78---thanks for the info---and I've learned something new.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X