341 was yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was yesterday

Trustee asked me how I got into debt - is that a common question? I failed to mention a significant reduction in income and medical expenses - I just said college expenses for my children and credit card debt, which to me seems less sympathetic. If anyone really cares.... IS this question often asked and does it matter?

I wasn't asked that question.

Comment

While we were not asked that question directly by the trustee, others were. Our trustee only asked if the cause of our filing BK was due to job loss since income was significantly different than previous year.

Comment

I wasn't asked that either. I think they kind of know anyway, you know, They see the bills, the credit cards and hey, if you live in NJ, enough said. That is an obscenely $$$ state to live, in. I know. And they know, too. Just a lawyer trick, ask the question that you already have the answer to. You know, I was ticked that if I lived in NJ, my income would be under the median income and I would have been spared the humiliation of submitting to a means test. I don't make a lot of money and she saw that.

We're all here in the same boat. It doesn't what they think, really. All that matters is that discharge. The road to it is no one's business but your own.

Comment

Originally posted by nohope View Post
          Trustee asked me how I got into debt - is that a common question? I failed to mention a significant reduction in income and medical expenses - I just said college expenses for my children and credit card debt, which to me seems less sympathetic. If anyone really cares.... IS this question often asked and does it matter?
          I was asked - pro se filing - she asked me why I filed - I said I was the sole financial support of two kids. Ex was jobless, no child support for 26 months, debt to income rocketed out of control - her reply to me... "my sister is single parent she didn't file BK" Nothing I could do or say was correct in this woman's eyes.

Granted she was the same UST who did this: (not me - the filer two ahead of me)

Trustee: “When did you file your taxes?”
          Debtor: “January 10”
          Trustee: “Look me directly in the eye… do you know who Kwame Kilpatrick is?”
          Debtor: “yes”
          Trustee: “Do you know where he is today?”
          Debtor: “jail”
          Trustee: “Do you know why he’s there? Because he lied under oath”
          Trustee: “When did you file your taxes?”

For my non-DTW friends Kwame Kilpatrick is Detroit's ex-mayor who is currently serving time in jail for lying under oath.
          Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Wow - who appointed that person to be a trustee? Geez. I feel extremely lucky that I had one who was an actual human being. Put it behind you. The trustee should have read the information sent about your financial situation and it should have been obvious as to why you filed.

Comment

I sat in on 341's in NJ and the tt asked EVERYONE that question. It was one of his standards.
              And fiona, don't envy us NJ filers. Not only is it crazy pricy to live here, but we don't get the kind of homestead exemptions that other states do. Thankfully we can use federal, but we still come out much worse than other states.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Hi discouraged

Yes I have tried to put her behind me, but she turned me into an asset case for a 2,198 tax return - very anti-pro se. She is one of the ones you pray you don't get, but you want the filer who is trying to cheat the system to get.

Good luck with everything discouraged.
                Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X