No announcement yet.

341 Meeting coming up on Wednesday a little nervous, but anxious to get it over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting coming up on Wednesday a little nervous, but anxious to get it over

My 341 date is finally closing in, I have it on Wednesday. Do I need to do the second credit counseling before hand? Reading the threads here has been helpful, the trustee asked for my tax return (2010) and I owe $3100, so there is nothing for them to take. She also asked for bank statements three months before I filed, no extravagant purchases and the ones over $600 were mortgage payments and car repair.
    Filed Chapter 7: 3/16/11
    341 meeting: 4/20/11
    DISCHARGED!!!!!!!: 07/1/11

Hi---mjengineer---good luck on your 341---and I have a feeling
    that it'll be over very quickly---and you may want to ask your
    lawyer about doing the second credit counseling course beforehand.

Comment

We were told to get our second counseling done as soon as possible after the 341 was over. Our 341 was on a Tuesday, and we had the counseling finished by the end of the week.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Dont say or offer and more then your asked,keep it short..

Comment

The code just states that you have to file your debtor's ed certificate by the 60th day post-341. You can complete the course now if you want to. We went ahead and completed ours and even filed the cert. prior to our 341. We were pro-se. I know that some attorneys have their own suggestions about it, but our trustee was perfectly happy with the fact that we'd already completed it before we met with him.
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

After the 341 meeting, there is a 45 day window. Of course, ASAP is good, just to get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Learningnow View Post
              After the 341 meeting, there is a 45 day window. Of course, ASAP is good, just to get it over with.
              The Bankruptcy Rule 1007(c) was changed from 45 days to 60 days as of December 1, 2010

1007(b)(7) states:
              (7) An individual debtor in a chapter 7 or chapter 13 case
              shall file a statement of completion of a course concerning
              personal financial management, prepared as prescribed by the
              appropriate Official Form.

and 1007(c) states:
              "In a chapter 7 case, the debtor shall file the statement
              required by subdivision (b)(7) within 60 days after the first
              date set for the meeting of creditors under ยง 341 of the Code"

However, I agree, getting it done ASAP saves the chance of forgetting and having the case dismissed. I certainly didn't want to have to pay $260 to have the case reopened, file motions, etc.
              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips I feel like I am ready for it, I went over about 20 possible questions just to put me at ease. There will still be some nerves tomorrow at 9:30am, but I think if you show a little bit of nerves that might be a good thing. I am going to do the credit counseling before the weekend provided my 341 goes well.
                Filed Chapter 7: 3/16/11
                341 meeting: 4/20/11
                DISCHARGED!!!!!!!: 07/1/11

Comment

I thought the 2nd credit counseling was to be done before the 341 meeting and filed in. That is what I did. So, it was done beforehand.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X