question about second 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about second 341

I had my 341 and the trustee conducted the meeting but continued it for 30 days. This was because hubby social was incorrect by 1 digit, should have been fixed prior to meeting. Lawyer knew about it 4 weeks before the meeting. I understand things happen and mistakes get made. However, I spoke with attorney today and he is telling me we will not have to go to the second meeting. I do not understand, we are on the schedule for that day. He says we will waste our time going down there because we will not be on the docket. So, I guess my real question is, has anyone heard of anything like this before? Also, I am still planning on showing up, if my lawyer does not, can I go on with the meeting without him? I just want this over.

Hi jemma:

Yes, things like this do happen, and I agree with you. Show up. Make sure that you are there. Do everything you did before. It appears that this trustee may be a 'tougher' one in that he/she is not willing to allow one digit wrong in the SS number, no matter what your attorney tells you.

Be prepared for a shouting match with your attorney, if he/she has told you that you don't need to be there. Remind him/her that you pointed out the error well in advance of the original 341.... Good luck!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you Angelinacat, I will be there, I do not want to have a 3rd meeting or worse have my case dismissed. I am going to go with my gut feeling on this one. I guess, if we show up and we are not called, I will owe my lawyer an apology for not trusting him on this one.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X