My 341 Meeting is Done~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 Meeting is Done~

My 341 meeting was this afternoon at 4pm. As it turned out it was a great way to start the weekend.

I arrived in "plenty" of time since I was unsure of the parking situation. There was plenty of free visitor parking right next to the building - City Hall. My lawyer was to meet me there about ten minutes before time so I just chilled out in the car until about 3:45 pm.

My lawyer arrived on time and we spoke briefly before going into the meeting room. Things were running a little late so I was able to watch a few other people and calm down a bit. Cases from the 3pm docket were running late and I listened to one meeting held through the lawyer's iphone speaker over the phone. Finally this was over and the 4pm docket cases were ready to go.

The trustee started things out by explaining several things such as her intention to abandon all property unless she told each of us otherwise. We each picked up a short survey that had to be completed before being called before the trustee. Now worrie here though - just things that had already been covered many times before while completing the process.

Each debtor was called up with their lawyere and sworn in individually. The trustee started by asking a routine set of questions:

1. She compared photo id and social security card with filing information.
    2. State your complete name and adress for the record.
    3. Did you read and sign the petition and schedules?
    4. Is the 2010 tax form that she had an accurate represenation of that actually filed?
    5. Have you ever filed bankruptcy before?
    6. Are you employed - name and address of employer.

After this she asked any specific question about each filer's unique situation. The most common concerns:

1. Had not filed 2010 tax forms or had not provided them to the trustee.
    2. Being listed on someone elses' bank account.
    3. Two people had significant money ($2500.00) in their bank account on the filing date. The trustee wanted to know where it came from and where it went.

Finally - I was the next to last case called and it went extremely smooth and easy. I answered the standard questions. The trustee asked if I had a PayPal account and if there was any money in that account. I do and there isn't. Immediately after that she joked about my pet that I listed as a expense and said that I was dismissed. My lawyer said have a good weekend and I was out.

I truly want to thank everyone who contributes to this forum. I have read almost every post about 341 I it really helped to prepare me and keep me calm.

Best of luck to each of you who is waiting for your 341 meeting. If you were thorough and completely honest when filing you'll have no problems.

Thanks again.

Filed on 3/31/2011 341 on 5/6/2011 Last day for objection 7/5/2011

Thanks for this great report about your experience. I'm sure you've just helped someone! Welcome to Club 60.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Many thanks to you debee for the posts that you make here on the forum. It's amazing how much you really do help so many people. Glad to be a new Club 60 member.

Comment

congrats on the smooth 341, AidanK! Now you can just relax, have a drink, put your feet up.....and that 60 days will fly by!
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X