Order of 341 meetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of 341 meetings

Is it common for people who filed pro se to be the last ones called at a 341 meeting?

yes

Comment

We were actually scheduled and called first, though one of the attorney's representing clients "offered" to let us watch his cases first. When I declined, he scoffed and said something about having angry attorneys waiting if it took us more than 30 minutes. It took us less than ten. Take that, snarky attorney!
      Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Wow....
        At mine, the pro se guy went before me. It was an opportunity for all of the lawyers to look and act smug. Truthfullly, though I know the guy wasn't exactly respectful to the trustee, I felt sorry for him. My attorney was saying "this is why you get an attorney." And he wasn't prepared either! So you're right. They all just cover their backs, because they are attorneys and when your file pro se, that is lost (easy) revenue.
        Re: order in 341

It may be depend entirely on the custom of the court. In some districts pro se goes last.

I was 4th on the list.
        Last edited by fiona; 05-22-2011, 03:57 PM. Reason: Clarity of response.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X