Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've joined the 60-Day club!

Our 341 meeting was this morning.
    Went in feeling anxious and a little sick to my stomach (it's just a stressful thing to have to face).

We arrived about an hour early to watch a few hearings. Our lawyer arrived about 30 minutes before our hearing. I have to say, it pays to have a good lawyer. He was completely prepared with all of our paperwork. When the trustee asked for bank statments..."I believe you already have those"...and of course, the trustee did.

Then our lawyer notified him of an update to the filing (our 2009 amended return which we anticipated over $1300 coming back to us turned out instead to be a $350 bill from the IRS - the irony was not lost on the trustee and he gave us a very sympathetic "oh man, that really sucks" kind of look and kind of chuckled along with us...meh...that's just the way it goes sometimes).

We went through all the expected questions and no creditor objections arose (*whew*). Finally, the trustee says "well, given your current situation, the fact that there are no creditor objections, and considering this new information regarding the IRS, I'm deeming this a no asset case. You are dismissed."

My husband and I wore business casual (as recommended by this awesome forum!), we had a 3 ring binder with all our details and paperwork (again a tip from this forum, turned out we didn't need it because of our excellent lawyer) and we answered the trustee clearly without blabbering unneeded details (our attorney said "just answer yes or no unless the trustee asks for more information"). Took us about 8 minutes from start to finish. Feels very good to have that behind us.

I have to say, because of this forum, my husband and I knew what to expect and how to properly present ourselves to make the best use of the trustees very precious time (sadly, he had a lot of cases to hear today , so many people going through this).
    Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Congrats and welcome to the 60 day club! I love to see all these write ups!

We're all paying it forward for others that follow! This forum is great!

I agree with you, lots of cases at my 341 as well, it's a sign of the times, sad indeed.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I love to hear the good stories as well as the bad.

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome to the 60 Day Club!!!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Welome, to the club, it's the final run....before the past is NUKED....or i like to say "the past"

Comment

Yay for you IamIrene!!! Welcome to Club 60!!

Oh, and write more, would ya? Your blog is awesome - you are quite the writer.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club. You're just right behind us. I completely agree with you regarding how helpful this forum is in helping those of us who are going through this with limited knowledge. It really helped prepare me and my husband as well for what to expect. Even though it is still a little nervewracking, knowing certain things ahead of time really helped a lot.
              Filed 05/10/11, 341 Meeting 06/02/11, Report of No Distribution 06/02/11, Discharged 08/10/11

Comment

Thank you!

And thanks ValleYum! I still need to update it with yesterday's happenings. I have plans to fill out the missing months there between October and April. I wish I'd been more diligent about posting regularly but...this whole process...it is so gutwrenching. Maybe writing about it is better in retrospect instead of in the moment. Thanks for reading!

Any opinion expressed is based on personal experience and/or research. i.e.

Comment

BEST WISHES to you & yours IamIrene!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats, IamIrene.
                    There are two secrets for success in life:
                    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats!
                      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                      341 5/23/11
                      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse