341 and done today central district CA-Riverside reflections and experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 and done today central district CA-Riverside reflections and experience

Did my 341 today, smooth as glass. Was in the first group at 8 AM. If anyone is filing in the central district CA the Riverside bankruptcy court is easy to find, easy parking. Met in downstairs room with tons of other people who went first. First the trustee looks at your id and social security card. Then you get sworn in. He asks you to state your full name. The trustee asked simple questions like have you read the bankruptcy pamphlet? Have you read all your bankruptcy forms? Did you sign all the paperwork? Is everything the truth in your petition? Have you ever filed bankruptcy before? He then goes over your 2010 tax return, and asks any questions if he has any left, which he did not ask me since I owe this year lol. Then that is all, 5-10 minutes in total. I think the longest one I saw was 12 minutes long. I can't believe I paid an attorney to sit there through this, but peace of mind is expensive. It is interesting to hear other people's stories and the lawyers were quite at home-some reading magazines and newspapers while waiting for their client(s) turns. Pretty informal, dress business casual. I thought it was interesting too that no creditors showed up for anyone, so don't expect any of them to I would think. Now I wait it out and hopefully no problems.

Congrats on a smooth 341.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Only 60 more to go! Hope they go quickly.
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X