341 in Missouri, Western District

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Missouri, Western District

So, we had our 341 yesterday, at 2:00 pm. We got there about 1:40 pm, waited around outside the courtroom until the next batch for 2:00 pm was called in. The trustee spoke to everyone at once, going over some required things, then asked that everyone, (or if filing jointly, either wife/husband), come to the front & get a checklist of about 10 yes or no questions to answer. To be honest, I can't tell you now what the questions were, the trustee did ask about the two we answered "yes" to. One question asked about owning real estate in the previous 3 years (our home was foreclosed on in 6/09) & the other question was to do with whether our names appeared on other's accounts, or something similar (my husband had to take his name off his mother's checking account a few days after filing for bk, since the bank froze her account).

There was only one couple called up before us, and since the room was so large it was hard to hear what was said. Once we were up there, we answered the same questions that I think most people are asked - what was our name/address, had we read the petition, was the information correct, had we read the statement of information, had we ever filed for bankruptcy before, etc. None of our creditors showed up. Boom, we were done & free to leave. Our attorney had said ahead of time that the trustee may ask about some of the titled vehicles/trailers that we owned, but nothing was mentioned by the trustee, probably due to the age & low value.

Outside of the courtroom, I overheard our attorney telling another couple about a certain female trustee that liked to make the people appearing before her squirm about their bk petition; apparently we had all lucked out getting the trustee we did, since he is easier to work with. We heaved a big sigh of relief.

We completed our pre-discharge online education class this morning & have received our certificates, with copies sent to our attorney, so I guess now we just have to hurry up & wait for 8/22.

I just checked our PACER status:

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, (trustees name), having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the chapter 7 estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned: $ 45380.00, Assets Exempt (without deducting any secured claims): $ 13450.00, Claims Scheduled: $ 41127.29, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ 41127.29. Meeting of Creditors Held and Adjourned. (trustee's name) (Entered: 06/23/2011)

I assume this is good?

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

That is VERY good. Congratulations and welcome to the 60 Day Club.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X