top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 341 meeting is 6 weeks off - I have an attorney - what should I bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 meeting is 6 weeks off - I have an attorney - what should I bring?

I have copies of everything I gave the attorney (bank statements, tax returns, etc) that go up to my filing date. Should I bring my copies along? Should I bring more recent bank statements that run up to the 341 meeting date including the new DIP accounts I set up for my sole proprietorships? Do I need to worry about any spending I made more than 90 prior to my filing date?

I brought copies of everything to my 341, all neatly organized in a 3-ring binder. However, I dont think you are required to bring anything. If the Trustee requests additional documentation at your 341, you can supply it to him after the fact. My Trustee wanted my most recent tax returns (though my Attorney had already sent him them). Because I had everything with me, I was able to provide those copies on the spot.

From what I've read, it's a 90 day look back that is the standard. But a Trustee could ask for additional information if he/she chooses to do so.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by disconapper View Post
      I brought copies of everything to my 341, all neatly organized in a 3-ring binder. However, I dont think you are required to bring anything. If the Trustee requests additional documentation at your 341, you can supply it to him after the fact. My Trustee wanted my most recent tax returns (though my Attorney had already sent him them). Because I had everything with me, I was able to provide those copies on the spot.

From what I've read, it's a 90 day look back that is the standard. But a Trustee could ask for additional information if he/she chooses to do so.

Absolutely accurate. Better to bring all and look prepared than miss an item. Mainly you are required to bring a SS card, and a legal picture ID. (DL) If married and you do not use the same 'sir' name as we do not, bring a marriage certificate. I would not redo your six months of bank statements as they have been filed and should be current. If you WANT to go to that trouble, it would not hurt just to have that with you.

It is normal to be stressed or concerned. Read though, that most 341s go about five minutes. Be honest, dress professional but modest, and answer only the questions asked in less than three words. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

IMO, bring your drivers license, your social security card, and anything else your attorney instructs you to bring. Leave everything else at home.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

My attorney told me to bring my 1st trustee payment, DL and SS card, which I did. Then, good thing I didn't bring anything else. When he arrived, he must have handed me a folder that was at least 6 inches thick! This was copies of all my tax returns, bank statements, creditor statements, etc. After the meeting I had to leave there, into the cold and wind, running around, looking to buy one of those "reusable" bags. Then, can you believe, places that carry them were sold out!? Luckily, some kind store clerk handed me a couple of plastic bags.

Maybe, ask your lawyer what to bring, but I'd bring some type of case, or bag if you think you had a ton of paperwork.

Comment

I brought a file with everything in it. Did not need one piece of paper but I felt better having it all with me in case my attorney forget to submit something. He didn't and had what the trustee wanted (tax return and CMA for house).

Take what you feel comfortable with but be sure to have your license and SS card out and ready when you go to the table.

Good luck and keep us posted.
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X