Notice of Appearance and Request for Service of Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice of Appearance and Request for Service of Notice

I was on pacer today and I noticed in the "history" section a Notice of Appearance and Request for Service of Notice. It was from a company that apparently buys "bankruptcy debt". From what I understand they want all correspondence to be sent to them in addition to the original creditor whom is a credit card I had an account with and defaulted on a few years ago. This debt is not even 2k. Are they seriously going to show up and challenge? Or am I reading too much into this?

Samhill, technically it is POSSIBLE BUT from my own experience with spouse's Ch 13 and other posters, this simply asks the court to send them any filings, mailings, etc - essentially to be put on the mailing list.

Our notice said this: "Please provide this office with a copy of each notice of any proceeding, hearing and/or
    report in this matter including, but not limited to notices required by Bankruptcy Rules 2002(g)
    and the Local Rules of the Bankruptcy Court" Is this what yours says or something like it? Or does it look like they may actually appear?

Comment

Thanks for the reply IamOld, it pretty much says what you wrote. Not word for word, but language is pretty much the same. Nothing really about appearing, just sending them documents. I guess the "Notice of appearance" in the title of the document is what scared me.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhill View Post
        Thanks for the reply IamOld, it pretty much says what you wrote. Not word for word, but language is pretty much the same. Nothing really about appearing, just sending them documents. I guess the "Notice of appearance" in the title of the document is what scared me.
        Does it look like a form they FILLED out or GENERATED. If it's a standard form than it is likely that is the formal title of the form...others may know that here better...

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
          Does it look like a form they FILLED out or GENERATED. If it's a standard form than it is likely that is the formal title of the form...others may know that here better...
          It looks like a standard court form, and I believe it is the formal title of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Samhill View Post
            It looks like a standard court form, and I believe it is the formal title of it.
            Then coming from the king of the paranoid (me :-) I'd say they're not going to show up 99% certain!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Then coming from the king of the paranoid (me :-) I'd say they're not going to show up 99% certain!!!
              I don't know... Paranoia runs in my family... At least that's what I think they say about us ;)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X