top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever gone to their 341 meeting and seen someone they knew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody ever gone to their 341 meeting and seen someone they knew?

I have been wondering (and worried) about this because I work in financial institution. I live in a relatively small community so I will be totally embarrassed if I see someone I know. I did find out today that my friend's husband will be there for his. That's not that big of a deal because I think we each knew what we were going to do, however I will be mortified if I see someone else I know!

Feel your pain...one of our church members served us a summons this week from our Credit Union. Talk about embarrassing. He couldn't have been nicer about it. But it was still made me feel pretty small.

Comment

It's life. Bankruptcy doesn't carry the stigma it used to. I'm long past what people think. I'm awaiting my house to be foreclosed and that dreaded sign in the front yard that says "For Sale/Bank Owned". Now THAT's embarassing, but I could care less.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

If you see someone you know, you will be no more embarrassed than they are.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I feel like I am more embarrassed since I should know better because I work in the finance industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Photomom View Post
            I feel like I am more embarrassed since I should know better because I work in the finance industry.
            Well get over it. I've seen doctors, lawyers, bankers, and more whom have filed. Think Trump and Disney as well.

You have nothing to be ashamed of. Life happens.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Frogger is so right - I don't work in finance, but handle pension plans, etc at work - at work, I'm "fabulous" re finance - at home, not so much. you go figure :-) So do NOT NOT NOT "beat" yourself up!

Comment

smile, say hello and then come to the realization that there are more people out there that are in financial straights than let on ;)

+1 Frogger...

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll try. Our meeting in on Tuesday....

Comment

If I were to see someone I knew, I would just figure they made some mistakes too! Chances are, you will not see anybody since you probably won't even be there for 15 minutes. Mine was in HBG and it lasted 1 min 43 seconds. Took me longer to park and walk over.

Good luck and don't worry about it.
                    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                    341 5/23/11
                    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Dont stress it it will be all over soon enough
                      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                      The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                        It's life. Bankruptcy doesn't carry the stigma it used to.
                        Ditto. Thank goodness for that.

Last year as I was walking out of my attorney's office, I ran into my postman (for my business,) while he was on his job. Talk about embarassing! My lawyer only has a small understated sign inside of the building for his office, but everybody in town knows his specialty...he might as well have a neon sign outside flashing: BANKRUPTCIES. LOL

But well, I'm sure there are a lot of more interesting things for some people to gossip about than my financial difficulties.

Comment

When you see someone you recognize, refer them to this board. They'll thank you!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I'm a contractor, and the couple ahead of us, also a contractor, owed ME $2,500.00 I wasnt even listed on his petition. When the trustee ask if any creditors were there I sat quietly, would not of done any good anyway.

Sixty days have passed, just waiting on pacer to show "Discharged"

Comment

Quite the story mustangman. That was very honorable of you. I actually feel for everyone who has to go through this. Even before I filed, I never judged. It's tough.
                              Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X