341 Today in Eastern District of CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today in Eastern District of CA

Hi everyone, my meeting was today at 11am and there were 13 debtors. I was number 10 and wore all black. There were no creditors presence just the Trustee, attorneys and their clients.

There was a white piece of paper that we have to read where we state our name, address, the testimonial, our martial status, etc. It's like we are being sworn in but instead of the trustee reading it, we read it out loud.

The trustee stated that the debtor had submitted tax return for 09 and 10.

Then he asked everybody around 7 or 8 basic Y or N questions like did we sign the petition, read the petition, all assets listed, have you filed bankruptcy, transfer any property, entitled life insurance, does anyone own you money, something about making payment.

My attorney emailed the trustee questionnaire to me a while back and I filled it out and gave it back to her.

He asked me 3 Y or N questions and the last one regarding transportation. Since I don't own a car, he asked what form of transportation I use? I told him I use my brother's car to drive to work. And I was done..
    I would say it lasted about a minute.

The trustee was really nice and patience with everyone. I believe 2 or 3 forgot to bring their SSN but he continued to hear their cases anyway and said they could bring the SSN before 2:30pm today.

There was one woman that didn't include anything in her schedule like her clothes, furniture, etc. I can't believe her attorney didn't notice it. So the trustee told her to take care of it. She looked stressout.

When I was reading the under oath white piece of paper, my voice was kind of shaky but I got through it.

Lastly thanks to everyone for making this forum possible. I wish I found this site earlier; I came upon it on Saturday.

God Bless Everyone!

Welcome to our Forum. Know you are among friends. Your 341 sounds about average or perhaps slightly above. The Trustee sounds cool. I am sure you are please it went well and you are now in the 60 day club. Again, welcome. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congrats on both the smooth 341 and finding this forum! Remember that not only is there great advice here but folks are very supportive when the nerves kick in until a discharge is granted. I know it gave me great comfort until I was discharged just to know I could vent if needed!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X