Had my 341 this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my 341 this morning!

It was much easier than I thought it would be. No creditors showed for any of the cases while I was there. I waited over an hour before I was called, so I got to hear many of the other cases before me, which was aleviating. Most of the first ones were simple pro se cases, so they were in & out within less than 5 minutes. There were a few others before me that were represented by a lawyer other than my own & their cases seemed a little more complicated. The longest questioning was probably about 20 minutes (one guy had a bunch of real estate sales & business deals within the last 4 years... another person had a pending malpractice lawsuit that may or may not go ahead). Then my lawyer's cases started to get called & the first two prior to me were in & out within 5 minutes. So, by the time it was my turn, I felt a little nervous, but not too bad (thanks to everything I learned on the boards).

I was asked the basic questions about my identity, did I read, understand & sign the petition, was everything correct, any changes or corrections needed... The trustee also asked about the truck I sold in October & what I did with the money. I listed all the items I spent it on & that was it, no receipts requested (although I had them ready), which suprised me since much of it was spent as cash. The trustee asked why I was filing bankruptcy & I gave a very simple answer... After my DH went to jail, I couldn't afford to pay the bills. She asked if he got out yet & I told her he did but that I have since filed divorce so we are no longer living together. The trustee then mentioned to my lawyer that my "status" should have been listed as "separated" instead of "married", but that was really the only snafu. But, really, it was nothing. Trustee wished me luck & I was on my way. I'm so glad it's over!! Now the waiting begins....
    Last edited by delphinus317; 12-05-2011, 11:37 AM.
    Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
    Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Yay!! I am so happy it went so well for you! On your way to that fresh start!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Re Trustee to Lawyer - atty to atty "advice" :-)

Comment

Congratulations! Glad it went well for you, but sorry to hear about what you have been through that led up to this. Looks like you are well on your way to a great rest of your life!
        Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
        341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
        Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

Thank you!!! I just checked Pacer & it was updated with the following:

Entered: 12/06/2011
          09:52:50
          Filed: 12/06/2011 Category: trustee
          Event: Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds

Woohooo!!
          Filed Ch7 11/2011, 341 - 12/5/11, 12/6/11 - Trustee's Report of No Distribution - No Funds
          Deadline to file Objections: 2/3/12, DISCHARGED & CLOSED 2/10/12!!!

Comment

Excellent!!!!!

Comment

Super-de-dooper!!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X