Ch13 341 Meeting in AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch13 341 Meeting in AZ

Had our Ch13 creditor meeting this morning. I was surpsised how many people either hadn't sent their first payment or didnt send in all the requested information to the trustee before the meeting! He seemed to sail through the other debtors until ours came up. Ours is a bit more complicated, and includes businesses being surrendered, buildings in foreclosure, pending judgements, etc.

Our atty didnt show up, but the paralegal came to represent us. He asked her some questions which she didnt know the answer to (or answered incorrectly). It put me in the awkward position of speaking up when I wasn't sure if I should. I was afraid I would incriminate myself for some reason! You ever see those tv dramas where the attorney says "don't speak unless spoken to, and don't volunteer any extra information"? I kind of felt like that (although I know that's silly and this isn't a trial!)

I've been following my pending civil suit pretty closely (the paralegal hasn't), so I volunteered information about the goings on with that when he inquired. I was just totally honest with everything, and the trustee seemed pretty understanding of the situation. I ended up leaving not sure how it all went. The paralegal seemed to think it went OK, but would contact the atty to have him follow up with the trustee. I need to send more K-1 schedules, but that's it.

She said Ch13 trustees are pretty lenient compared to Ch7 trustees. Thoughts?
    10/27/11 - Filed Ch13 ------ 2/27/12 - Conversion to Non-Consumer Ch7 ----6/11/12 - Discharged!

Good luck to you AZ! Re Ch 13 Trustee - I've heard that here on the boards as well...I think since your paying $$, it may be a bit...different...

Comment

Our lawyer said as long as we don't make waves our case should be smooth. We have asked to skip payments and had no issues getting it approved.

We were the first up at our 341 meeting here in Az. Our lawyer was there, but I did see others with an unknown para-legal with them.

We just make out payments with the trustee and let the lawyer know any changes via email.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X