Had our 341 this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had our 341 this morning!

I know everyone here says not to stress about it, but I couldn't help it! I dreamed about it last night, and this morning when the alarm went off, dh and I just sort of laid there in bed, not saying anything, not moving, not really wanting to face the day.

Our atty called to go over last minute instructions and to tell us where to meet him, and we got ourselves moving. It was super-cold in downtown Detroit this a.m. ... the wind was just whipping down the corridors between the buildings. We met our atty in the building's little cafe and signed reaffirmation paperwork for our cars and a personal loan tied to them for our credit union before going up to the hearing.

We entered a room filled to the brim with people. That was just the anteroom. There were a bunch of little conference rooms that branched off from it. Our atty found ours and the 3 of us went in. There was a meeting in progress and the room was pretty full.

At the first full meeting we watched, the gentleman had previously declared bk (in fact several of the people prior to us were repeat bk'ers) and the trustee really grilled him. I was sitting there in the front row, a few feet from them, listening, feeling like I was going to throw up. The trustee finally dismissed him, and the ones that followed weren't quite as tough. Each lasted 3-5 minutes as expected. For most of them, the lawyers had to explain missing info or other discrepancies.

When it was finally our turn, there was only one other couple left in the room. He asked us standard questions and then a few about our timeshare and my dh's two dba businesses, as we expected. He almost seemed kind when speaking with us (maybe I looked as pathetic as I felt? LOL). Then he said we were done. Our lawyer only spoke to give his name; there was nothing missing or nothing that needed to be explained, so we were pleased about that. We left and he told us it couldn't have gone any better, and he expects no issues leading up to discharge.

I know my voice cracked once or twice when I was answering questions, and when we left the room my dh asked me if I was okay. I think if our atty hadn't been there, I probably would've burst into tears, just from the stress of being in the position to have to file, and the meeting, and even relief from it being over.

So, that's my long-winded, overly-emotional retelling of our 341 experience. I hope it helps someone as they prepare for theirs!

Good going!! One big hurdle over, so maybe you can breath a bit easier now. All I can say is one step at a time, and literally, before you know it this will all be behind you so that you may move on with your life.
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

Comment

Yay for you brennan!! Sounds like it went great!
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Great news...

I was the same way.. Got up real early and had that feeling in my gut till we pulled out the driveway...
        Welcome to the club...
        8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
        9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
        Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Originally posted by panda View Post
          Good going!! One big hurdle over, so maybe you can breath a bit easier now. All I can say is one step at a time, and literally, before you know it this will all be behind you so that you may move on with your life.
          Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
          Yay for you brennan!! Sounds like it went great!
          Originally posted by buzzstpoint View Post
          Great news...

I was the same way.. Got up real early and had that feeling in my gut till we pulled out the driveway...
          Welcome to the club...
          Thanks everyone! I know it gets said a lot, but it's true -- everything I learned on this forum has been absolutely invaluable through this process and the support has been so appreciated! Now it's just a waiting game for us, and as our attorney said, no news is good news!

Comment

Gosh I have that feeling in my gut and I haven't even completed my workbook for my attorney yet! lol Congratulations on everything going so smoothly.

Comment

Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly57 View Post
                Gosh I have that feeling in my gut and I haven't even completed my workbook for my attorney yet! lol Congratulations on everything going so smoothly.
                I think that feeling tends to crop up several times through the process. It's natural. But the further we get, the easier it gets. I think acceptance sets in, you know? Good luck as you move forward!

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                Best wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Thank you so much.

Comment

Just a little update ... we were out last night and our attorney emailed us to let us know that the "no asset/no distribution" thingy (sorry -- can't remember the official phrasing) had been posted for us, one day after the 341! Another hurdle passed -- yay!

Comment

excellent brennan!!!!!!!

Comment

sounds like it'll be smooth sailing for you, Congrats, and welcome to the 60 day club.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X