Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Presumption of Abuse - Please Help

Today made 10 days after my 341 meeting and this was posted on PACER;

U.S. Trustee Statement of Presumed Abuse. As required by 11 U.S.C. sec. 704(b)(1)(A), the United States Trustee has reviewed the materials filed by the debtor(s). Having considered these materials in reference to the criteria set forth in 11 U.S.C. sec. 707(b)(2)(A), and, pursuant to 11 U.S.C. sec. 704(b)(2), the United States Trustee has determined that: (1) the debtor's case should be presumed to be an abuse under section 707(b); and (2) the product of the debtor's current monthly income, multiplied by 12, is not less than the requirements specified in section 704(b)(2)(A) or (B). As required by 11 U.S.C. sec. 704(b)(2), the United States Trustee shall, not later than 30 days after the date of this Statement's filing, either file a motion to dismiss or convert under section 707(b) or file a statement setting forth the reasons the United States Trustee does not consider such a motion to be appropriate. Debtor(s) may rebut the presumption of abuse only if special circumstances can be demonstrated as set forth in 11 U.S.C. sec. 707(b)(2)(B).. (Ching, Curtis)

What does it mean? What should i expect to happen?

Thank you for your help

Your numbers in your forms seem to be over the median. You may be dismissed or have to file a C13. This is not uncommon and many get these presumption of abuses. It is usually fixable. Make sure your lawyer looks over your paperwork carefully. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X